Getting a better system, need some opinions.

Quick
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I know there's lots of budget thread, and I have went through and read a lot of them. Basically I have 400$ and from what I've seen I can get a used alpine type R for like 80-100 bucks on ebay. Mix that with a hifonics amp(not sure what exact model), could that be a sweet system? Better than my 2 12" volfenhag's with a zx250.2 amp, right? I would get 2 type R's tho and that means two hifonics amps I think. If anyone has any better suggestions for the money, That would be appreciated. I will be hopefully getting a design for 5-10$ and making my own box. I always like a good deal so if there is something just as good or better for less definitely let me know. Do I want a system that can break my windshield? No. Do I want a system that can maybe make my roof do the wave (shouldn't be too hard, i'm in a tiny mustang lol). Yes. Would love to know some things from you guys and any help you provide will be great. I know I should save more money and get a better system but this is all the money I have left to spend, the rest is for food and rent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Thanks in advance!

If you want a loud budget sub, Id go with an audioque hdc3 12". You dont have much trunk room, so I say go with a single 12" in a good size enclosure. The best amp I found to keep it close to your budget was an mb quart amp.
links:

Audioque hdc3 12"

MB Quart 1500 watt amp
If I was to only get one sub I could get a Kicker L7 and a hifonics 2100W monoblock amp which is rated

KICKER S12L7 12" L7 SOLO BARIC CAR AUDIO SUBWOOFER SUB DUAL 2 OHM S12L72 | eBay

HIFONICS HFi1500D 1500 W Car Mono Class D Amplifier/Amp 806576216742 | eBay

If kickers are bad or hifonics is bad, let me know because I'm a noob and I'm sure all of you guys would know a lot more than me lol.

Also I can get 2 12" cerwin vega's for 230$. 500 RMS though. IDK THERE IS SO MANY THINGS I CAN GET LMAO. I just want to know the best for my 400$ range, oh and let this be known IDC about SQ, I only care about SPL. MOST people notice how much their glass of water is rattling, not the clarity of bass that is rattling the glass of water. If that made sense :p

If kickers are bad or hifonics is bad, let me know because I'm a noob and I'm sure all of you guys would know a lot more than me lol.
The audioque hdc3 is whole lot better than that l7 sub. Hifonics and mb quart are both made by maxxsonics but mb quart is a step up over hifonics.

Also thats the hifi series which is even lower than the brutus. You wont regret picking the hdc3 over the l7 sub.

The audioque hdc3 is whole lot better than that l7 sub. Hifonics and mb quart are both made by maxxsonics but mb quart is a step up over hifonics.
Kool, I believe you and will definitely look at them but I'd love it if someone else could confirm this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I am a noob of course >.

[quote name='Quick']Kool, I believe you and will definitely look at them but I'd love it if someone else could confirm this :D I am a noob of course >.<[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for used, go look in the classifieds here. @mazdakid has got a pair of Alpine Type R's for $150

[quote name='Ionakron']If you're looking for used, go look in the classifieds here. @mazdakid has got a pair of Alpine Type R's for $150[/QUOTE]

Kind of scared to buy on here. At least on eBay I they don't work right ebay will refund me.

If you want a loud budget sub, Id go with an audioque hdc3 12". You dont have much trunk room, so I say go with a single 12" in a good size enclosure. The best amp I found to keep it close to your budget was an mb quart amp.
links:

Audioque hdc3 12"

MB Quart 1500 watt amp
^^^

Nailed it.

If you want to have nice sound, you have to spend a couple bucks and not be a cheap a**. Even the AudioQue 2.5's 12" run $140 each new with a warranty and they can get loud. Single AQ 2.5 in a properly built ported box with a good 600RMS amp (id look at this personally NEW American Bass HD-1500 Digital Mono Amp 1500 Watts HD1500 | eBay) and your within the $400 budget while having a nice a** system.

Kind of scared to buy on here. At least on eBay I they don't work right ebay will refund me.
Fortunately for you, The people selling here are either vendors themselves or reliable people who have made sales here before, and for the price, its really unbeatable.

but go with what you feel man.

No paypal will refund you if you buy them on ebay... if you buy them on here through paypal and they dont work paypal will refund you.
This too!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.