getting another s10 blazer...

Sold it. Had something like 330K+ miles on original motor....never rebuilt. Has/had it's ups and downs with it. Ran like crap. Would make a loud popping sound when it would accelerate, hard to explain but seemed like it just didn't wanna go.....sometimes I would floor the eff out of it and then hear that loud popping sound. Never did figure out what it was, got told could have been torque converter.

Ya I did have a stereo in it....just didn't sound right. I think something within the s10 wiring messing around with the system wiring or something I gave up after multiple times of trying. Old Alpine 7995 HU, CDT comps, massive Audio NX5 5 ch amp and single SA8v.2 sub in the back.

Oh and leaking coolant/oil so it was def time for a rebuild. I just don't have the time nor $$ to do that sorta thing. The inside wasn't bad. Needs new carpet. The seats are in pretty good shape.

idk man blazers seem soo flimsy, not meant for LOUD loud bass... My buddy's blazer didnt last long at all with his 8 12s setup. His dash ripping apart, his rear hatch is useless as in completely blown off, multiple other issues arise. That car was in perfect shape when he bought it. Its only been a few months. I'd hate to see what a 160 db setup does to it.

Sold it. Had something like 330K+ miles on original motor....never rebuilt. Has/had it's ups and downs with it. Ran like crap. Would make a loud popping sound when it would accelerate, hard to explain but seemed like it just didn't wanna go.....sometimes I would floor the eff out of it and then hear that loud popping sound. Never did figure out what it was, got told could have been torque converter.
Ya I did have a stereo in it....just didn't sound right. I think something within the s10 wiring messing around with the system wiring or something I gave up after multiple times of trying. Old Alpine 7995 HU, CDT comps, massive Audio NX5 5 ch amp and single SA8v.2 sub in the back.
Wow sounds like it had some problems. That no power and poping sound sounds like map sensor and or carb Tbi. Not sure what year yours was. I know these trucks like the back of my hand. I have rebuild just about everything on my 88. And this 92 I rebuild the engine, has a new trany and rear was redone.

I love these trucks and will never own anything else.

Jeff,

So far I have had no problem but I'm not running big nubers..lol

But like you said the back window is a problem.

This is one of the reasons I'm doing a wall. The other is I'm bagged and trying to even out the weight. Or I would just do a big box.

and I really need to get my windshield replaced as I cracked it and broke the seal. So I put some windshield sealant around it.

And that's from the bass.

Ya love mine. Over the years I've had 5 of them.

It's like any Suv you have to deaden really good and brace really good.

I've added a lot of deadner and used metal.

But like Jeff stated, the rear window is a big problem. My flaps really bad. So far I have not broke the latch yet.lol

I'll come up with someway of bracing it.

Only after I wall it to see how bad it to is.

and I'm not shooting for 160, maybe 155 lol

Wow sounds like it had some problems. That no power and poping sound sounds like map sensor and or carb Tbi. Not sure what year yours was. I know these trucks like the back of my hand. I have rebuild just about everything on my 88. And this 92 I rebuild the engine, has a new trany and rear was redone.
I love these trucks and will never own anything else.

Jeff,

So far I have had no problem but I'm not running big nubers..lol

But like you said the back window is a problem.

This is one of the reasons I'm doing a wall. The other is I'm bagged and trying to even out the weight. Or I would just do a big box.

and I really need to get my windshield replaced as I cracked it and broke the seal. So I put some windshield sealant around it.

And that's from the bass.

Yessir it def had some issues. I could go on about it but eh what's the point. It looks good on the outside but it needs a complete overhaul. 1992 s10 blazer 4.3 v6 I bought it lowered as it sits...think I spent like 10k on it. I overpaid a lot. But did have it for a long time. Those tires that are on it in that pic were not cheap...550 bucks. I used to have BF Goodrich on them, they were 65 bucks a tire years ago. Man everything is getting expensive. I got more pics of the interior and outside of it too. The passenger side back corner bumper is caved in along with the rear 1/4 panel. Some dumbfuck playing around on the road.

Some more pics....hope you don't mind Scott //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That center console I made from scrap wood...and features a dual cupholder. Carpeted myself too.

Yeah it just seemed it had no balls/horsepower when accelerating. Wish I had gotten with ya on that part. You could prob have told me online what it was but oh well. I didn't wanna sell it. Wanted it to be my daughters 1st vehicle but would cost me too much $$ to get 'er fixed up. That openeing under the amp there's a piece of lexan that was over the amp and designed it to be removeable to have access to the amp if I wanted. You can kinda see the countersunk holes in the lexan near the edges. Never did get to fish that project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.