Getting car painted?

cbrei1023
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Shoey
My girlfriend is a teacher at a vocational school and the school does auto-body collision repair. She can get my car in to be painted by the seniors. They will take out the dents and paint it for me for a very low cost (price of paint if they don't have it). I just want it painted black. Do you think the job will come out well?

I think it would. The teacher supervises and plus some of them are probably like my friend who took auto body school. He already had been painting and doing dent repair for years. He just wanted to get his license.

they know what they are doing for the most part, my buddy is in a program like that and does all kinds of ****. just painted his tail lights black and came out great. you literally cannot see them until he hits the brakes. (car is black too)

i actually painted a few cars in my auto body class in HS. I wouldnt be 2 worried the teacher usually wont let the window lickers touch cars that aren't donated or for practice.

What color is your car now? Make sure they do the door jambs and pillars. I'd be concerned about the engine bay. A color change really isn't done right unless they strip the interior and pull the engine. That's the only way I would ever change the color of my car.

nope black is one of the easiest.....the harder ones have a silver tint....because u have to sand only one way consistanly thru out the car. trust i do prep and wet sand and buff.....my roommate does the painting.

i wouldnt do it black, shows a lot of blemishes IMO
yea you are right it shows EVERYTHING //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. but if its clean its looks really really nice. my car is black also.

The car is silver right now and tho it does not show blemishes or dirt alot. I really like a black car. Just seems much more sleek(SP). There are scratches and dents on it right now and I have been neglecting it due to the fact. I hope to take much better care of it after the painting.

might wanna just do the same silver....unless they are gonna take the doors off and paint the door jams and trunk jam....if they arent...(cuz that entails alot of detail that i'm sure they might not have time for) then the silver would be ur best bet.

recomend some colors for consideration, I havent picked a color def yet. I like metallic (color).

I think black will match the rest of the car though. I have black rims with a silver lip. Break calipers are painted blue along with the break drums in the rear. interior is black and OEM grey, with blue LEDs in the air vents on under the speaker grills. Just gotta clean up the install a bit.

I think I should get new door panels and start from scratch on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.