Glue MDF: Is it really necessary

since a ported enclosure generally needs to be larger than a sealed one you probably dont want to just add a port to a .91 cu/ft sealed box. it wont sound good. think someone already hit that point? and if you're that low on cash just rob home depot for all the mdf you need!

and by the way use glue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

since a ported enclosure generally needs to be larger than a sealed one you probably dont want to just add a port to a .91 cu/ft sealed box. it wont sound good. think someone already hit that point? and if you're that low on cash just rob home depot for all the mdf you need!
and by the way use glue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Cash isn't really the problem .. space under the rear seats is!

Will glue ... And I'm just gonna go sealed and most likely let that be that.

It would sure be nice to be able to simply flip a switch to hear the difference between sealed and ported, wouldn't it?!!

fail.jpg

I'm almost always frightened by a pvssy with a strap-on.

ALMOST always frightened...?

haha anyways, yeah i wish it was that easy to hear both setups without having 2 boxes and 4 subs in ya car. ive had my 12"s in a sealed for a few years and ive always kinda been unhappy how they sounded. some rock cd's they're fine and others its not very good. but in my last vehicle theres no way i could have fit in a bigger box! but ive got an SUV now so ive got more room to play with. im thinkin about switching to ported and then puttin a thin mount 8" under my seat and maybe one under the front psgr too. dont have the money for that right now so thats in the future. but if you do go ported, let me know if you like it better than your sealed setup. rock on

If you have clamps and know how to use them, I wouldn't use screws at all.
I agree 100%...you can buy long clamps at Home Depot and just do it that way - just make sure all your cuts are exact (of course) but the point is you really don't even need screws.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.