going active ?

turboaudi
10+ year member

hi what do i need to do/ change to go active i have 2 sony xm 7547 amps mid & tweeters in the front doors 6 by 9 3 ways on the rear deck 12" sub in trunk my head unit is a eclipse cd7200 mk2 what is the advantage to going active ? looking for sq not bass thanks dave

the advantage is the crossover comes from your signal unit or head unit, which can make for a better crossover since it cuts the signal before sending it out, not after. I perfer active I have an eclipse cd7100 pretty much same thing. The xovers on those HUs are great, and another advantage is the ease of adjustability while driving, adjustable slope/crossover point with the ease of your HU.

I like that the xovers on them include a 18db slope.

Just my .02

thanks for the info guys i guess i will go active the main problem i have is on some songs the tweeters are harsh i think this will fix my problem dave

yes i also had a question about the rear deck speakers they are 4 way pioneers i think tsa 6999 is the # they seem to be harsh on certain songs should the rear stage have tweeters ? the front tweeters i have swapped the stock audi bose (92 s4) tweeters with a few different ones i had dd & morel but the stock ones sounded the best i have dd crossovers in it now i will put the morels back in it when i go active thanks dave

wired the car for active today wow there is alot of settings def took care of my tweeter issue now i need a week to play with all the settings dave

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.