good 6x8s

If you have that much money, why not do it right and get a "wow" system... get Rockford 6X8" T series components for the front, a four channel amp, and one or more subwoofers:

Another best bang for the buck amp: Panasonic... they have a 4-channel that is capable of 700 watts RMS into 2 ohms for around 100 clams.

Cheap but good sound quality subs (low power): credencespeakers.com - click "clearance corner"

Then all you need is a box for the sub(s) and install.

I'm assuming you have an after market radio with pre-amp outs (RCA's)... you really need that for an amp for sound quality.

You don't need rear speakers if you have good front ones and a sub.

^ agreed with Gary 100%.

But if you want just the 6x8's....

Aside from the Profile amp, check out this Kicker amp. hfsc is an authorized kicker refurb dealer, so if anything goes wrong you can send it straight to Kicker for service. There have been a few positive posts about kicker refurbs from hfsc.

i dont have anything yet for a system, but i am getting subs also as stated in the first post, there will be 2 10s in the truck, and probably a jenson flip out, i just couldnt find any info on speakers. sorry for the confusion

No worries. If you want a really good sounding system (clarity and quality), then focus on the fronts and spend your money there. With a strong front stage, it's likely you won't even need or want a rear stage when a substage is present.

Since you stated $250 or less for speakers and $150 or less for an amp, how does this look to you?

Comps:

T1682S $249 shipped

* or *

Kappa 680.7cs $179 shipped (these are 2 ohm speakers)

Amp:

PG Xenon X100.2 $169 shipped (a little more than budget, but these are awesome, awesome amps)

Agreed with Deja and Gary all the way!!

Stick to any of those speakers listed(Pioneer/Infinity/RF) And any of the amps, that PG that Deja recommended is a pretty solid 2ch amp!

Just run fronts amped and then some subs and you'll be set!!

But you never answered my question from an earlier post, why are 6.5s not an option??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jeff45

10+ year member
jeff45
mass
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from