good buy or no? JL W7

Dabohl

Found on craigslist a guy literally around the corner selling a JL W7(10 inch) in the red high output box.. Although I'm more of a sealed enclosure type guy because of SQ, I've always wanted a W7 so the HO box will have to do. He wants 350 for it and before I buy this and totally ruin any trunk space I have in my Cadillac STS, I wanted to see what everyone thought. My alpine type R's cone just came unglued from the cone so I'm on the hunt for a w6v3 or W7.

those enclosures are actually designed to work with the subs and get a better output. they are not garbage as the above post says. they are great for the Jl W7 series subs. if you want sound quality i would not recommend the W7 and would recommend the W6 woofer instead.

those enclosures are actually designed to work with the subs and get a better output. they are not garbage as the above post says. they are great for the Jl W7 series subs. if you want sound quality i would not recommend the W7 and would recommend the W6 woofer instead.
Those boxes are tuned at 40hz. They are a well built prefab, even the people at JL will tell you they are not that good. They are peaky.. The W7 has lower distortion and will stay more linear than the W6. People prefer the W6 normally because it has a more standard sound. Basically you are wrong.

in your opinion you are stating that i am wrong. everyone is entitled to their opinion. to say i am wrong puts you in the wrong as well...
Difference is I said why you where wrong. It's not opinion it's in the specs. They where designed for output much like kicker designs their factory prefabs.

its built for high output so of course it is going to be tuned higher and peaky. just like every other box that people build for high output.

OP good deal, good price, might as well do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dabohl

Dabohl
South Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
csu87