Good Components For A Modest Budget

Well, i figure 6", and a modest budget would prolly be about 300$ (also, do i get components for the rear and front? Or with components do i just get front?)

jus the front man. that is where you will be. i have realized per members advice the rear speakers of little importance. just invest in a nice set of comps with an adequate amp and you'll be happy. you can get some nice comps for that budget, but do you have an amp? i got some pg xenons for abt 230 and they sound plenty good for me!

Oz Audio Vector or Oz Audio Matrixes can be had for about $120 / $300, respectively.

It's funny now that Rainbow Soundlines have gone back to their original price, because everyone thought they were your typical mediocre $100 components. =)

jus the front man. that is where you will be. i have realized per members advice the rear speakers of little importance. just invest in a nice set of comps with an adequate amp and you'll be happy. you can get some nice comps for that budget, but do you have an amp? i got some pg xenons for abt 230 and they sound plenty good for me!
Got mine for less, and with a warranty, and they sound great. Especially when you put some real power to them, and properly deaden your doors.

First I would suggest just having components up front -- nothing in the back... better for imaging... For midbass the install has more to do with the quality than the speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... and you should look at this:

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95925

As for speakers there are countless good options at $300 but this thread and links from all the other links will cover most of the options and inform you about one that is very new and most people don't know about it... and that is what I'm trying to change //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109696

Follow some links there and read some reviews -- look at pictures and read dialog pre purchase with these people...

CDT, Rainbow, DLS, morel, alpine type X, boston acoustics... many more options including custom sets (me) that are great quality for the money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, thank you guys for all the help. One more thing, i cant install these in my door (because i have manual rolldown windows and there is no room on the door for them, even with cutting) so i am going to get/make some kick panels. But one thing about the kick panels, wouldnt my legs and stuff get in the way of the sound? I am a big guy and my left leg pretty much blocks where any sound would come from a kick panel, or doesnt it make any difference.

Ya, but then it would get in the way of the e-brake, basically what i'm asking is will it still sound good or will there be imaging problems with my leg blocking it somewhat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.