Good deal? Yes? No?

Kanjay West
10+ year member

Saw an ad:

I have a 12" Boston acoustics G1 subwoofer that comes in a sealed enclosure, sub work and sounds great.. Very accurate bass, nice and clean sounding.. Also have a Boston acoustics 800 watt amp that matches the sub perfectly for sale as well for 80.00 in another add, I will sell both for 150.00

I text the guy and he offered to let me have them for $120.

What do you think? Deal or no deal?

And it would be for my girl's car. I'm running a P3 in a ported box in mines. I am working on slowly upgrading it but I can't decide if I want to go to a dual sealed box though. We shall see.

The G1's are by no means high output subs but they should sound pretty nice compared to a lot of the other subs in their price range. $100 for some subs, amp and a box is a good deal really no matter what. BA makes some nice equipment too.

if the amp works and the sub plays, it is a very good deal. That is a good sub and amp.
What's up Quack! Yea, I'm gong to check it out as soon as I find out why MY sub is acting up. Then I'll throw it in my girl's car. She really needs it.

Thanks for the remark on the sub. Although not going all out for her car, I don't want to put any downright junk in the car.

The Boston G1's are great. They're way underrated. Nice setup for the girlfriends ride. Especially for a Benjamin. I'm thinking of hoarding some Boston Acoustics for myself. They won't be around much longer....

Get the G1s and fuck yes get that G5!

I put my G1 12s on my buddy's MTX 1501d and did 140.08db at the headrest on music with a box tuned to 31hz in a Mazdaspeed 6, they have pretty **** good output for what they are, on 900rms they are doing 139 sealed on the dash in my own car.

I've got two G110's in my Cavalier trunk, ported and they sound great. (picked them up used as well )Very underrated subs IMO. If I were you, I'd be on that G112 like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.