Graduation Gift Car Audio Setup For my Son

Hello everyone, ive been looking into buying a complete car audio set up for my son and need a little input considering im not much of a car audio guy myself. But here's the delima, im buying him a Sundown zv4 18" subwoofer along with a SCV-1500D amp to power it. (He's always been a huge fan of sundown, and has been saving for this amp and sub)

i was wondering what other components i need in order to get the best setup for him.

Do i need to upgrade "the big 3"?

Any recomendations on what to get?

Are there other components im missing in order to insure the best performance with this set up?

As i said im kind of clueless when it comes to car audio so i appreciate any help guys!

Agm battery under the hood along with Big 3, sundown components if he's a fan of them. BTW you are an awesome dad =P
Haha i appreciate it man, he's gonna **** when he see's it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

get a yellow top battery and do the big 3. it wont put a dent in your wallet, unless you wanna get quality stuff then go d3400 under the hood and the big 3. make sure to fuse it all up. some nice door speakers all around and that's about it. the zv4 is a great sub

You Rock Man!! Hes gonna love it.
What kind of car, do plan on upgrading his HU, speakers, and speaker amp too? Or you gonna let him do that?
He's got an 04 Blazer Xtreme. Im planning on doing everything needed in order to get the sub to run where it needs to be, i know he'll put his money he had saved for buying the sub and amp towards door speakers ect so thats all him. And for "the big 3", are there any suggestions on what would be the best kit to buy? As stated above, im pretty clueless to the car audio world

get a yellow top battery and do the big 3. it wont put a dent in your wallet, unless you wanna get quality stuff then go d3400 under the hood and the big 3. make sure to fuse it all up. some nice door speakers all around and that's about it. the zv4 is a great sub
Do not get a yellow top. Those are junk for the price. Get a agm Duracell or deka. Yellow tops arnt virgin lead anymore.

I would get sundown x 18 if your only going to run 1500watts to it. But yea big 3 and a nice Agm batt under the hood will be fine for 1500 watt amp.
He's Had his mind set on the Zv4, Should i go with the SCV2000 rather than the 1500? This wont give the sub too much power? Just want to make sure the sub will last without overworking it. Not really sure on how flexible you can be when it comes to the amount of power you can give the subs

He's Had his mind set on the Zv4, Should i go with the SCV2000 rather than the 1500? This wont give the sub too much power? Just want to make sure the sub will last without overworking it. Not really sure on how flexible you can be when it comes to the amount of power you can give the subs
Sundown underrates their subwoofers by a lot. To get the most out of the subwoofer a 3500watt amp would be nice. But then you would want a high out put alternator which cost about $350-500 and an extra battery. That's why j recommended the sundown X. Because it would do nicely on a 1500watt amp and then u don't have to spend a lot on beefing up the electrical system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.