Great 2-channel Amp Deal on Amazon!!

reible82nd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale: Happened upon a great 2-channel amp deal on Amazon and couldn't pass it up; I bought 2 of them for myself. Thought I would pass it along, 320 x 2 RMS at 4-ohms and 980 x 1 RMS bridged at 4-ohms for $69!!

http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-OPTIHC5002-Channel-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B006QU3MHG

Item(s) Description/Condition: New

Price: $69

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: Free with Prime membership

Item Pictures: View attachment 26552643View attachment 26552644

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Very nice man! I'm glad I shared this deal and am excited to get mine hooked up! If this thread is still active when you get the amp hooked up to your ID mids, let us know how they sound.
If its not 100° tomorrow I might do it then..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My mids are screaming now!! Very powerful amp. Very hard to match gains to my tweets because I don't have a lot of gain to play with. I think I'm at 1/6 or so up. Might need another for my tweeters. But the impact and authority they now have is awesome. I don't think I could go back to how they sounded before

So it sounds good?

I'm buying one with the "$30 off" offered by the Amazon Visa card offer, but I'm not sure if I'm going with the 5002 or the 3502, as it will be powering a single 350w Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.

In either case, either $39 (5002) or $29 (3502) is one heck of a deal!

So it sounds good?
I'm buying one with the "$30 off" offered by the Amazon Visa card offer, but I'm not sure if I'm going with the 5002 or the 3502, as it will be powering a single 350w Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.

I would def go with the bigger 5002. Never hurts to have headroom. And yes it sounds excellent.

I would def go with the bigger 5002. Never hurts to have headroom. And yes it sounds excellent.

Can I reduce the gain enough on a 900+w amp to power 350-400w on the sub?

I actually have two Kappa 10's and boxes, but I still want some trunk space.

Can I reduce the gain enough on a 900+w amp to power 350-400w on the sub?
I actually have two Kappa 10's and boxes, but I still want some trunk space.
Should be able too. I actually had a 12 in perfect on 1200ish and be er had any problems. Is it a 10d? The good thing about amazon is that if you don't like it or is too much you can send it back and get the smaller one. But the bigger one would nice also if you ever want to upgraded

Should be able too. I actually had a 12 in perfect on 1200ish and be er had any problems. Is it a 10d? The good thing about amazon is that if you don't like it or is too much you can send it back and get the smaller one. But the bigger one would nice also if you ever want to upgraded

No, its the original 10.1 single 4ohm version.

I'll probably just get the 5002, and if I panic about the output just throw in the second 10 and run them in stereo.

Thanks!

No, its the original 10.1 single 4ohm version.
I'll probably just get the 5002, and if I panic about the output just throw in the second 10 and run them in stereo.

Thanks!
Did you end up getting the 5002?

So it sounds good?

Just tune the amp with a digital multimeter to ensure you aren't running too much power to the sub.

1. Typically you would find the square root of the ohm of your driver x the power you want to run to it, however, you are bridging the amplifier so things are a bit different. You'll want to cut the ohm of your driver in half, so it would be 2 x 350 = 700. Then find the square root of 700 and multiply that by 2. The sum is your benchmark number.

2. Set the gain all the way down on your amp and place the crossover setting on "full-pass." If you have any low-pass crossover settings on your head unit, make sure those are off as well.

3. Plug the DMM into the speaker output terminals (bridged of course) and set it to "AC Volts."

4. Turn the gain up to 3/4 volume on your head unit.

5. Play a 40Hz (-5 Db) test tone on repeat and turn the gain up until the multimeter reads the sum of the equation in step 1.

6. Unplug the DMM, plug your sub in and set your low-pass crossovers accordingly.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence by any means, just thought you might not have known the process based on your previous comment. It's really pretty easy to do any provides some peace of mind.

Test tones can be downloaded from the below link:

Test Tones and Tuning Tutorial - All New Links, Again! - Tunez - All things music related - SMD Forum

Just tune the amp with a digital multimeter to ensure you aren't running too much power to the sub.
1. Typically you would find the square root of the ohm of your driver x the power you want to run to it, however, you are bridging the amplifier so things are a bit different. You'll want to cut the ohm of your driver in half, so it would be 2 x 350 = 700. Then find the square root of 700 and multiply that by 2. The sum is your benchmark number.

2. Set the gain all the way down on your amp and place the crossover setting on "full-pass." If you have any low-pass crossover settings on your head unit, make sure those are off as well.

3. Plug the DMM into the speaker output terminals (bridged of course) and set it to "AC Volts."

4. Turn the gain up to 3/4 volume on your head unit.

5. Play a 40Hz (-5 Db) test tone on repeat and turn the gain up until the multimeter reads the sum of the equation in step 1.

6. Unplug the DMM, plug your sub in and set your low-pass crossovers accordingly.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence by any means, just thought you might not have known the process based on your previous comment. It's really pretty easy to do any provides some peace of mind.

Test tones can be downloaded from the below link:

Test Tones and Tuning Tutorial - All New Links, Again! - Tunez - All things music related - SMD Forum

#2 is confusing.

I understand about setting the amp xover to "full" if I'm using a external xover, but wouldnt I want the gain set with that xover on?

#2 is confusing.
I understand about setting the amp xover to "full" if I'm using a external xover, but wouldnt I want the gain set with that xover on?
#2 is confusing.
You said you were worried your sub would get to much power. He's explaining how to know how much power your sub is getting by setting the gains to your desired power level. In order to figure that out you have to run the amp full range first.

Hope that explains it a little bit better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.