Group 24F vs 34R, please advise

maxmil982

Can someone confirm that group 34R (applicable) is the right choice over a 24F (oem) for my gen 3 Altima?

I am upgrading the battery due to my assumption that the planned sound system will need more juice. Ill be running an Orion moon at 1200rms to an SA-12 and ppi 900.4 for the front stage. I see that the oem group is 24F but on Oreillys website it says 34R will also fit.

I've done some research and been told to use the biggest AGM battery that will fit for best performance, but the 24R is 10% larger and 10% more expensive yet has 10% LESS CCA and less Ah than the 34R?!?

Did more research and couldnt find much about what reverse polarity of the battery means (I was assuming the fact that the 34R being reverse polarity had something to do with it being smaller AND less expensive yet higher specs) besides that the terminals are reversed. But then that didnt make much sense either since both battery groups have top right pos posts... thoughts?

Can someone who knows give me a little insight on if the 34R is actually a better, higher performing choice?

So your factory is 24f, my Toyota is 27f. The alternative for me was a 34r. As long as it will physically fit in your battery bat you’re good on the terminal direction

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maxmil982

maxmil982
Atlanta, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Slo_Ride