Guys using pro audio speakers....who uses larger drivers for mids...10" 12" 15"?

Wagonized
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im definitely going to be going the pro audio route with my mids and highs in my upcoming build....

but im also considering going with larger mids like 10s 12s or 15s. I know people have used them primarily for midbass but curious if anyone has any that they would recommend for midrange aswell to be ran with a good tweeter?

Thanks

PA mids do not have midbass, they're midrange speakers.

I run 2 12's in my doors and have 15's also. Hard to beat for the $$$ when it comes to getting loud and keeping up with a loud substage...

Apparently you guys arent using the right speakers.

With the right speakers, right power, and right install, you are going to get killer midbass and vocals out of a pro audio setup big bigger 10"+ mids. Ive used Eminence Delta 10s, Selenium MB3P 10s, Eminence Alpha 10s/12s, Eminence Kappa 15s, etc.

My Eminence Delta 10s, for instance, had awesome midbass. On the dash with just mids, I could do a 134.x (IIRC) at 66hz, and they would play rock solid down to around 50hz. Heck, in the kick, I was able to pull almost a 143 at 66hz.

If youre looking for something that will play reasonably low while still playing high enough to give good midrange as well, Id stick with a lower powered 12 or 15. Some of those big 10s, 12s, and 15s that are used for strictly midbass with high power ratings in the 600+ range dont play high at all. Some of the B&C mids for instance only play up to around 800-1khz. The Eminence Kappa 15s play up to around 2k-2.5khz. Something like a Delta 10 will play up to around 4-5khz. An Eminence Alpha 12 should play up to around 6khz.

If you have any questions, or need specific suggestions on equipment, or how to install any of it to get the right sound, just shoot me a PM. If you feel like braving it, just remember that the trick to these big sorts of mids are not only crossing them over on the bottom end, with a good HPF, but on most 10"+ mids, its also going to be vital to put a LPF on them to stop them from playing too high.

ALL pa mids should have a LPF on them....

I ran the AA cf mids which will dig a lot deeper then the , so I was more used to that. I haven't messed with the Selenium MB3P as I hear those do have strong midbass.

The PA stuff seems to have way more punch, but they don't drop as low as some of the mids I've used.

The new Crescendo PA mids definitely dig deeper then the seleniums I run, but they aren't as clear in the mid/upper freqs or as loud.

I run all my PA stuff active.

In the daily I have PB mids with vifa tweets in the A pillars, sounds very nice.

I run Pyle bullets in the A pillars of my demo vehicle.

:rofl: dumbest "trend" you retarded hood ninjas have followed yet. Can't wait to see what trends you blindly follow next
Actually plenty of legit installs have used larger format PA type drivers up front for a long time.... I think it's the 99% of the people who have no idea what they're doing trying to cram as much midrange cone area as they can into a box chevy is what's giving this a bad rep (and rightfully so since most of ******* dreadful)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Wagonized

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Wagonized
Abbotsford, BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date