Hardest hitting subwoofer? " When wired right of course!

I believe I said IDENTICLE. meaning same inductance.
And yet you completely missed the point of that article.

Inductance is what affects "speed". Not mass. Mass will affect efficiency. But not speed or transient response.

Myabe thats why SQ competitors mainly use 10's and 12's, eh?
You are quite incorrect there (a surprise, given you've been wrong this entire thread). There have been many, MANY, MANY, sound quality competitors to use 15" and 18" subwoofers. Hell, audiolife on here made it to world finals with 15" subwoofers in IASCA. Would have placed top 3 if he didn't have problems with equipment.

This brings us back to the fact that YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG

Have a nice day.

[/conversation]

And yet you completely missed the point of that article.
Inductance is what affects "speed". Not mass. Mass will affect efficiency. But not speed or transient response.

You are quite incorrect there (a surprise, given you've been wrong this entire thread). There have been many, MANY, MANY, sound quality competitors to use 15" and 18" subwoofers. Hell, audiolife on here made it to world finals with 15" subwoofers in IASCA. Would have placed top 3 if he didn't have problems with equipment.

This brings us back to the fact that YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG

Have a nice day.

[/conversation]
So I guess you guys live in an airless world. alright. Tweeters are small for a reason. Mass effects response. Do you understand the concept of electrostatic speakers? Efficiency has everything to do with what we're talking about. The efficiency of a large subwoofer is in the lower frequency range, and regardless of how high the BL is, you are going to begin to get cone flutter and muddiness as frequency goes higher and will have energy storage (resonances) at higher frequencies.

dude stop talking. i beg you. how about you become an engineer and do this everyday all day for your life, then everyone who doesn't agree with you (which happens to be 99% of everyone) will believe you. this is, if you are able to change the laws of physics and acoustics.

Just because a driver has the availability of more excursion, doesn't mean it has to use all of that excursion to reproduce all frequencies.
Midrange and treble don't require much excursion at all....virtually none. Which is why pure midranges don't need much linear travel; it isn't required.

Now, that doesn't mean they are inherently "better" at producing those frequencies, just that they were designed to only reproduce those frequencies. A midrange with .5mm excursion won't inherently produce better sound than the mid with 8mm excursion. However, the longer throw mid will be able to play much lower at much higher output levels.
well my good sir if you are the keen and sharp-witted proficient that you proclaim to be, why not be a congenial and synergetic patron and retort to my unostentatious inquiry; which simply exists as this - aside from your exigency to grope at any morsel of amour-propre you can palpate why do you seem to find it imperative to confabulate like you have a shaft in your posterior??

I hope this simple question is not too much for you to comprehend:rolleyes:

So I guess you guys live in an airless world. alright. Tweeters are small for a reason. Mass effects response. Do you understand the concept of electrostatic speakers? Efficiency has everything to do with what we're talking about. The efficiency of a large subwoofer is in the lower frequency range, and regardless of how high the BL is, you are going to begin to get cone flutter and muddiness as frequency goes higher and will have energy storage (resonances) at higher frequencies.

dude give up squeak knows what hes talkin bout

well my good sir if you are the keen and sharp-witted proficient that you proclaim to be, why not be a congenial and synergetic patron and retort to my unostentatious inquiry; which simply exists as this - aside from your exigency to grope at any morsel of amour-propre you can palpate why do you seem to find it imperative to confabulate like you have a shaft in your posterior??
i figured out what he said! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif for me!

How did that come off as me having "a shaft up my posterior"?

Our conversation is over. You kind sir, are wrong. Plain and simple. Any further typing will be a waste your enegry and time

[/conversation]

x2, I just read this entire thread. all I can say is, squeak when did you hit 14k post count. lol

18 days 26 minutes 45 seconds ago.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.