Has Anyone Bench Tested The New Hifonics Brutus BRZ Amplifier Yet?

How do you have the amp hooked up to your radio then? with a loc?
I tested it on my cousins car earlier due to still waiting on my 0 gauge kit. Dont' know how to hook it up, but will let the shop deal with it... I like my factory 09 camry stock radio though.

Noob question..what if its a stock deck with only treble and bass with no sub output?
You must be using a Hi/Low signal converter?

If you are, dose it have(the converter) have gain adjustments and where are you getting you signal from?

Also, are you using 1 or 2 subs?

Some stock decks will only pass on hf signals to the main speakers if it has the rear deck mounted sub.

I haven't seen the guts on these new ones yet but I know on a couple of the bxi series amps that I have seen the output inductors were very poorly supported. If the amp is subjected to excessive vibration either during shipment or from being mounted to a sub box those inductors can rub against themselves and short out the windings which will either toast the amp or if your lucky just throw it into protect.At any rate it is unusable. Not saying thats what happened with this one but it is a weak point in the few that I saw. Hopefully they came up with a fix for it.

You must be using a Hi/Low signal converter?
If you are, dose it have(the converter) have gain adjustments and where are you getting you signal from?

Also, are you using 1 or 2 subs?

Some stock decks will only pass on hf signals to the main speakers if it has the rear deck mounted sub.
I'm new to the car audio so I wouldn't know...I'm planning to push a single 12 Fi Q sealed with my factory deck though. The car would be a 09 toyota camry se if that helps.

Well I was going to order mine from vminnovations, But since they don't package the amps well, I will order it from Sonic Electronix. It costs more but I don't want amp that has been beaten during shipping.

Also, it seems they are slightly underrated according to your bench! Good to hear. Ive heard these amps are around 90% efficient too.

When I was looking around, I considered these. Read that they were current hogs. Is that true?
Ive done a ton of research, and have found them to be very easy on the vehicles electrical system because they are so effecient. They draw alot less power then the average amp for the same wattage does.

I think you were hearing about the old line of brutus.

When I was looking around, I considered these. Read that they were current hogs. Is that true?
In my application they seem to be rather efficient. Keep in mind that at 45hz, both of my amps are seeing a tad over a 2 ohm load.

Even running 2 of these and a large 2ch, my voltage did not drop much at idle.

Disclaimer,-----Your results may vary with your application.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.