Has anyone gotten an battery charge for booming too loud?

crunktimes.com
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
New England
I've heard some testing at the federal level has been done at the federal level to prove that second-hand boom car sounds can cause permanent damage to your hearing (we know this already obv.) and they are already starting to classify it as a type of battery in some states and it will be an arrestable offense country wide by mid-2011.

I don't know much details other that was a statie buddy told me but it'll be interesting to see if they can actually make it stick or if this is just another attempt to lock people up for such serious crimes as toking some bud or enjoying our boom cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

If this does become legit we should start some type of petition asap, if I hear anything else I'll post it but it was pretty vague in regards to what DB you need to be to get charged and exactly how they are going to test for it.. can't imagine it'll be an 'by ear' thing.

130db will probably be to loud. Most audio companies have in the gears manual that excessive noise above a certain DB are harmful to hearing. Thats probably what will be the deciding factor as far as how loud is to loud.

That would be bullsh*t. Don't some cops have the boomstick or w/e it's called that shoots like 140db waves to get your attention.

Hypocrites.

any lolyers on CA that would like to chime in? I just can't fathom getting caught and even though they probably will let most off with probation being labeled a 'violent felon' because you were bumping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I already have some old ticket trouble so if this passes as an actual law I may sell a lot of my boom and move into the SQL arena.

As for testing for it he had no clue, I do know that ODBIII has some nasty big brother type **** though I would not be surprised if they have some type of mic right under the dash that measures it and they just use tracking to find you and pull you over. Hell look what they do with speed cameras already sending you tickets in the mail... throw in the 'patriot act' and all the other shady **** obama has going on such as DCSNet and anythings possible IMO.

It saddens me my childrens children will be unable to enjoy in SPL competitions just because some ****** lawmaker want's to get revenue from tickets and court fees as well as get you 'in the system' and may never be able to experience 150db+ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

$hit i had a 300 dollar ticket already for my system and it wasn't even turned up!!i wanted to slap the officer in the face. especially when i asked since it was my first time never been warned about it if i could get a warning and he told me "i don't have to give you a warning" . what a bish:pullover:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.