Has anyone tried a DSO Nano?

Im setting gains on my amp and the wave gets to big for me to see. I have no vert pan
You need to set the vertical sensitivity to match the signal voltage of what you're measuring. The top menu item "VD" is volts per division. Pressing the left or right arrows will change the sensitivity.

Be aware that the scope displays peak-to-peak, which is 2.82 times the RMS voltage. There is also a X1/X10 switch on the probe - the X10 position will lower the amplitude by a factor of 10.

So if you are trying to measure 40 VRMS it will show about 113 v peak-peak. For the waveform to fit on the screen you need to set the X10 switch on the probe and the vertical sensitivity to 20V per division.

Well, it turns out you can NOT upgrade V3.29D to lastest BenF. So that means any amp bigger then about 1800 becomes useless cause it goes off the screen.
Did you not read what I said? If the waveform is so large that the DSO cant handle it on it's own(High voltage/High Current applications), you'll need an x10 probe. It will have a "1x / 10x" setting, which will put a resistor in-line with the signal, which the DSO will be able to display.

I'd try what maylar said, if you still cant see the waveform due to its size, you'll need an x10 probe. I'm not sure if the DSO v3 comes with one, but my V2 didn't. In which case you'll need to buy/make one like I mentioned earlier.

Did you not read what I said? If the waveform is so large that the DSO cant handle it on it's own(High voltage/High Current applications), you'll need an x10 probe. It will have a "1x / 10x" setting, which will put a resistor in-line with the signal, which the DSO will be able to display.
I'd try what maylar said, if you still cant see the waveform due to its size, you'll need an x10 probe. I'm not sure if the DSO v3 comes with one, but my V2 didn't. In which case you'll need to buy/make one like I mentioned earlier.
Mine came with one and I used it. Ill try what Maylar said next time I set it.

Mine came with one and I used it. Ill try what Maylar said next time I set it.
Yeah if it came with one then it's more than likely user error. Hook it up to a signal and switch between x1 and x10, you'll notice the signal gets larger / smaller on the display.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

New threads