Have CDT HD-6 Mids ever looked like EF-61 mids?

omarmipi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I bought some CDT components from a guy and he claimed that they are the HD series. But the midrange woofer looks like the one from the EF series. The center cone portion on mine is silver... Anyone have the EF series? Is there anyway of telling the different between the two? Thanks in advance.

You got the ef series with the upgraded crossovers. How I know...the 3/4" tweets (HD come with 1") and the center plug in the mid-bass speaker. I beleive that the EFs are the only convertables.

I have the CDT-hd62 cf's and they have a carbon fiber cone with the hd tweeters and crossovers. You have most likely one of the best sounding CDT comp sets.

I have the CDT-hd62 cf's and they have a carbon fiber cone with the hd tweeters and crossovers. You have most likely one of the best sounding CDT comp sets.

I dont understand your post... hd-6_ if it was a 61 it would be a 3/4" tweet correct? 62 would mean 1" tweet and 63 would mean a 3 way setup.

Those tweets he has are definatly a 3/4" tweet. He does however have the 560 x-over. The HD doesnt come in a 3/4" tweet.

This mids however look to be the EF series, not the HD. You can tell that they arent the CF cone. Now I may be wrong but they are not what I have. They are also extremly similar if not exact to every EF set i have seen.

His best bet would be contact CDT or djdilliodon to be certain

I dont understand your post... hd-6_ if it was a 61 it would be a 3/4" tweet correct? 62 would mean 1" tweet and 63 would mean a 3 way setup.
Those tweets he has are definatly a 3/4" tweet. He does however have the 560 x-over. The HD doesnt come in a 3/4" tweet.

This mids however look to be the EF series, not the HD. You can tell that they arent the CF cone. Now I may be wrong but they are not what I have. They are also extremly similar if not exact to every EF set i have seen.

His best bet would be contact CDT or djdilliodon to be certain
Actualy, 63s are braxials, 641s are 3 ways...

But they dont make HD-61CVs or however they arrange the numbers. Looks to me like you got the EF-61cv-560's.

to clear things up u have the ef-6 mids with phase plug. At one time cdt put the ef series under the hd series. So the carbon fiber mids and the mids that look like that in the pic with a phase plug or a dust cap are EF's. The hd series has a totally different frame and motor. Also your set is most likely an older model if it has 3/4" tweeters cause all the ef sets come with 1" silks standard now. Side note the ef-61 and ef-61cv use the same mids. CDT use to have the ef-6 with a dust cap for the comp version but just switched them to phase plug.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.