Haven't been here for a while, need some guidance...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Berry47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My Pants
Like the title says I haven't posted here in a couple years.

My daily driver is now owned by my cousin and we are removing my stereo and replacing it with his budget build. I am disgusted by the stock stereo of my 2009 F150 Lariat and with only 200 miles on the odometer I feel like it needs a stereo upgrade. I plan on keeping the stock HU and Sync system but upgrade everything else. On top of that I am currently restoring a 65 mustang and will want a nice stereo when I get done with the interior.

Here is what I currently have sitting around the house...

CDT HD-62cf's (6.5 inch comps)

CDT CL-51A/TW24 (5.25 inch comps)

Diamond audio D5 600.4

Diamond Audio D5 600.1

Eclipse SW8122 (12" woofer)

2 RE RE 8's

The Eclipse sub is too deep to fit under the rear seats to that limits me to using the RE 8's if I want to use what I already have at home.

I am thinking of using the diamond D5 amps in the mustang with the CDT comps and the eclipse sub. I will more then likely put the 5.25's in the stang given I have already build kicks for them in the mustang, but I can modify the kicks for the 6.5's.

I don't want to spend a fortune but am looking for a good way to integrate with the stock HU. I was thinking something like this for the F-150

Audiocontrol EQS to tie into stock HU and EQ

CDT HD-62cf comps in the stock 6x8 front speaker locations

MB Quart Discuss DSC4125 4 channel amp

RE 8's under the rear seat.

If I don't think I have enough bass I can always upgrade the subs later and will have 500 watts rms...

Is this a good idea???

Should I just use the diamond amps in the F150 and get different amps for the mustang. I really liked my diamond 600.4 bridged ot the CDT comps. That 300 watts really woke them up.

RE 8's and the CDT comps have both been the forum boner at one time or another. What should I do with all my equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.