HDS215 Single 15" Box Help?

BackAtit

TN
Hey guys. Needing a little help here. Wanting to do a box for a single HDS215 and the specs given by the sq tech are throwing me off a little?

He says: "For a single HDS215 we like to go with 3^ft NET with a slot port of 44sq" of vent at 20" long. This will tune you at 35hz."

That seems small to me. I plan on using a PPI Ion 650i for the amp. Sub up and port back with my only limitation being around 36" wide. I assume I would need at least 16 depth for the sub (duh) but really need help with tuning and port area and direction. Does it need to go at an "L"

Thanks in advance!

i'd do a 16.5 H x 36 W x 16 D with a 6 inch port round port thats 11" long (you can buy it from home depot) Both port and sub firing to the back. This is 4 cubic feet net after displacement tuned to 35hz.

i'd do a 16.5 H x 36 W x 16 D with a 6 inch port round port thats 11" long (you can buy it from home depot) Both port and sub firing to the back. This is 4 cubic feet net after displacement tuned to 35hz.
Get one that bolts to the face of the box? Should I just center both sub and port in each 18 inch half?

I realize this is in the wrong subforum. Mods feel free to move it to enclosures.

Anyone else have suggestions? I kinda like the idea of the aero type port.

Get one that bolts to the face of the box? Should I just center both sub and port in each 18 inch half?
Just cut a hole stick it in and use adhesive to attach it to the box similar to this. Idk what you are talking about with 18 inches...

Aeroport you can add and cut the lengths to get whatever sound you want out of the sub and enclosure and its more efficient, Takes up less room than a slot would.

5a41562d.jpg'%20alt='5a41562d.jpg'>

Just cut a hole stick it in and use adhesive to attach it to the box similar to this. Idk what you are talking about with 18 inches...
Aeroport you can add and cut the lengths to get whatever sound you want out of the sub and enclosure and its more efficient, Takes up less room than a slot would.

5a41562d.jpg'%20alt='5a41562d.jpg'>
36÷2=18. [Port]. Centered in each side or the face is what I meant.

And by add you just mean do a coupling on the outside while the rest stays siliconed in?

doesnt seem like very much port area

I don't think he's gonna find flared port at a hardware store. He'll find PVC but that will be a pain to mount. Parts express sells 6 inch flared aero ports with mounting flanges for like 5 dollars I think. Or just slot port it.

Hey guys. Needing a little help here. Wanting to do a box for a single HDS215 and the specs given by the sq tech are throwing me off a little?
He says: "For a single HDS215 we like to go with 3^ft NET with a slot port of 44sq" of vent at 20" long. This will tune you at 35hz."

That seems small to me. I plan on using a PPI Ion 650i for the amp. Sub up and port back with my only limitation being around 36" wide. I assume I would need at least 16 depth for the sub (duh) but really need help with tuning and port area and direction. Does it need to go at an "L"

Thanks in advance!
I can help you out and hook you up with a cutsheet. Pm me. As Jeff stated, 4 net is what you'll need.

I was also concerned with that. It is like 28.25"^2. Won't I need almost double that?
Its a round port Its a lot more efficient than a slot port, usually can get away with a lot less port area and still get the same if not better results Its mainly to avoid port noise. Whatever they recommended was assuming you went slot port. When you go aero, the whole game changes drastically. On winisd, your rear air velocity is less than 100 ft per second so you are completely fine with that. HDS200 is not a high Xmax subwoofer either.

doesnt seem like very much port area
This isnt an HDC3 or HDS300 where it would require such port area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.