Head Unit Screen Issues.. Bad LCD?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Switt23
10+ year member

Recently installed a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and when the unit powers on the screen is rather fuzzy for lack of better terms. It has vertical lines running top to bottom that do not move at all. They tend to get brighter and dimmer but i can't find a correlation to when it's brighter or not.

I've double checked all the wiring and it's correct. Removed the ByPass module thinking I was getting some feedback off of it, but the screen remains the same.

Originally I believed that the headunit was receiving too much power causing interference, but I have never seen interference this bad on a monitor.

Can anyone shine some light on what they think this might be caused by?

b706f6dc.jpg

At this point i'm guessing bad VGA Ribbon, but it's not common on these head units...

^^^(Assuming this is something between you two)...with that aside if it is nothing to do with the wiring, I have heard stories from a couple of people about Pioneer screens having issues either right off or within a few weeks of installing them. From what you described it sounds like an LCD issue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.