Headlights Dimming

opeefasho
10+ year member

SATX
I recently put in a 13W7 on a 1000/1v2, everything sounds great but let's face it, everybody loves to bump their music at night while driving around. My problem is I wish I could do that but my lights dim every time the bass hits. What battery or wiring do I need to get to help eliminate this problem?

A better battery is great but the fact of the matter is when you are driving the alternator should be your source for power. With the best battery you can buy if you are not able to keep it charged (via the alternator) it's useless.

A bigger batt or HIDs are just bandaids, and are addressing the symptom, not the cure.... doing your Big Three is the best starting point, depending on how hard you're pushing your alternator with that system.

A better battery is great but the fact of the matter is when you are driving the alternator should be your source for power. With the best battery you can buy if you are not able to keep it charged (via the alternator) it's useless.
hence the Big 3 WIRING UPGRADE....very effective and combined with a deep cycle AGM battery,or deep cycle marine battery, will dramatically reduce resistance and improve charging system efficiency.

On 1k power dimming isn't usually a big deal. As stated the big 3 will help but, I really don't see the need for another battery with 1k. If the battery under the hood is old replacing it may stop the dimming. Also make sure your gain is set right because if it is not the amp will draw more current hence headlights dimming.

^^^ i was making a joky joke btw
Gotcha, I didnt know cuz the other guy said something about HID's as well...

The JL amps are like 53% efficiency so they are really ******* power!! On a different 1kwatt you may not need any extra electrical but with JL you will. I have the big three done and it did nothing for me. My buddy has 2- 1000/1 and a JL 450/4 He has a 220 HO alt and an extra battery in the rear and the amps are still cutting out from lack of power. The batteries in his car need to be changed for something better but I was still amazed all that didnt help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.