Headlights dimming

Lots of companies do ho alts ..dc mechman tenney ohio irragi excessive amperage...and if u have a sams near u pick up a g31 duracell agm
is a h/o neccessary though,im not dropping massive volts, it dimes when its in the medium 13s, would JUST a battery in the back solve my issue ?

How old is that alt? and what battery are you running up front? If you've got a decent battery and alt is in good condition either there is a poor ground somewhere or you need a second battery.

my grounds are fine, prob stock 110A alt, and my voltage goes in the 13s when im at a stoplight, when im driving it stays high high 13s and mostly 14, idles at like 14.2.

i just dont wanna buy a batt and it not do anything, when the hids would of, not sure what to do.

a drop to 13 will cause some dimming issues but nothing to be concerned about. a second battery WILL NOT help with dimming since a battery can only help maintain 13V, not 14V. only an alt can give you 14V and hold it. a higher output alt will do the trick.

if you have voltage drop that goes into the low 12's then a second battery will certainly help maintain 13V.

another option is getting a set of 3,000F ultra capacitors. they will eliminate dimming issues. my build log shows them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.