Hello Forum Community! I'm New to the Forum. I'm talking Lug Crimper. (Pics)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SJ.

Ub8Fk1p.jpg

I went & got a new Lug crimper, It was on sale for a good price. So far I like it! My first wiring job didn't hold up to the weather. I wondered why my amp was acting up, my amp gets hot but still works. So I got the right stuff to do the job right. Cheap lug crimper I picked up for C$60 CAD from Princess Auto. You guys have that store in the USA? I did the solder then the crimp for a good bond, better then my first timer with just a hammer 4 years ago. Look at that wire corrosion (See Pic) Okay what did I do? I didn't want to use the wire that I cut the Ring off of because corrosion went further up the wire & didn't have any more wire to cut, it will be too short. Lucky I had more spare wire. I heated the ring up with some solder in it. Then I put the wire in with more solder then I heated again as I pushed the wire in the ring. I crimpped the Lug when it was cool, I put that heat shrink tubing on to Weatherize the wire, It should do the job now, eh? I think I could of went with 2/0 lugs for that KnuKonceptz 1/0 wire, They are generous & give you a little more thicker gauge wire then the other guys. I don't think the solder didn't do that much. I couldn't find my flux.

cuBkEYa.jpg

I like that crimper! Look I even crimped that little 12 gauge speaker wire, I did it just for fun.

AXjVrY2.jpg

E22oEM2.jpg

((UPDATE)):

I went & shelled out the cash for some wire at my Auto Store to get it right now. But still gave me a good deal at around C$3 CAD a foot for 2/0 welding cable. That is like half the cost of Princess Auto prices. Got it for around 35' for C$112 CAD, even gave me 6 lugs & heat shrink for C$15 CAD, adhesive lined tubing. Got longer GM post for C$9 CAD too.

Smaller size, but twice the weight over the CCA wire. They didn't have 3/0 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ...They did have only 15' of 4/0 for C$80 CAD.

7czm4yt.jpg

I crimpped the Lug the other way, to give me a little more mounting room. I think I crimpped the Lug backwards the first time. Yep, that is a triple crimp!

D0kH0Ja.jpg

I found my Flux for this positive wire crimp, it was soooo much harder to crimp. I was afraid the crimper would snap in half. LOL! I bet I can pull a big truck with that triple crimp & soldered bond! Maybe soldering is pointless with an overkill triple crimp... IDK.

dmtE6pZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That triple crimp, If I put that lug on my pierced nuts it will pull me around no problem... Just kidding. I have no piercings or tattoos, too wimpy I like to crimpy, But really pull a truck with that crimped Lug!

I did asked Electron Beam about shipping, they only ship UPS to Canada. SkyHigh is $50 to ship to Canada, I'm sure it will be around $50 for WireAndSupply, but not too sure about shipping from WireAndSupply

Just about done, just need battery to engine ground.

tjyXPJP.jpg

I was taking the old wires out. The wire I had going to the alternator, I was able to pull the ring terminal off vary easy just a few strands holing with my bad soldering job. I wonder, if I'm going to really notice a difference between bad wiring job with CCA vs professional level wiring with 2/0 welding cable. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

You just might be able to, a connection can make or break a good system. When I had my stuff installed in the edge, there was a major diff over my install in my previous car, due to the new install having much better connections, especially my grounds.

I just need batteries totaling 200Ah! I just want to buy local. This battery here, Nautilus Ultra XD Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle from CanadianTire

Looks like it comes close to the specifications of the XS Power D3100! cheaper price too. But is it the same? The Ultra XD sometimes gose on sale for C$329.99 CAD

• Brand Name - Nautilus Ultra XD
  • Group Size - 31
  • Weight - 76.2
  • Total Warranty Period - 36
  • Voltage - 12
  • Application - Pure Lead AGM
  • Dimensions - 13 x 6-3/4 x 9-1/4
  • Reserve Capacity - 220
  • Free Warranty Replacement Period - 36
  • Amp Hours - 100
  • Cranking Amps - 1370

• Group 31 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery's 99.99% pure lead AGM (absorbed glass mat) technology and precision robotic assembly to deliver extreme power, endurance and reliability.

• Capable of over 400 charge/discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge and over 900 cycles at 50% depth of discharge - that's more than 2X the cycle life of regular AGM batteries and 4X the cycle life of conventional flooded deep cycle batteries

• More Useable Power: Unlike conventional flooded batteries that should never be taken beyond 50% depth of discharge, pure lead AGM technology can withstand deep discharges allowing you to take advantage of more of the battery's rated amp hour.

• Rapid Recharging: Accepts the maximum amount of amps that an alternator or battery charger can deliver for astonishingly fast recharges.

• Clean, Safe and Truly Maintenance-free: No messy or dangerous acid spills, can be mounted in virtually any position, no gassing (under normal charging), never requires water to be added and brass terminals that will never build corrosion.

• Extremely Low Self-Discharge: Stores for up to 2 years on a full charge with no loss of capacity, ideal for off-season storage.

• Extreme Vibration Resistance: Up to 28X more vibration resistant than a conventional marine battery to handle the roughest waters or terrain.

• Longest Life: Up to 2X longer service life than regular AGM batteries and 6X longer than conventional flooded batteries.

• 2150 Pulse crank amps, 1370 marine crank amps, 100 amp hours, 220 minute reserve capacity

• Dimensions: 13" l x 6-3/4" w x 9-1/4" h (33 x 18 x 25 cm)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.