Help Decide On A New System

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys. I just joined the forum so idk if I am doing this right. But I just sold my Orion HCCA 10.2. I think I am looking to get 2 12's or something that my amp can power. I think I wasn't getting enough power to the HCCA to get it to its fullest potential. I was looking into getting 2 RE Audio SXX 12.4's. With a prefab enclosure and keeping my amp. I have a Precision Power BA5000.1D 5000W. Lets out 2500 rms at one ohm. But I don't even think my car is letting that out. I don't have a high output alternator, or any caps, or an extra battery. But the Amp is wired with 4 gauge wire and the ground is to the battery. Its welding wire so OFC. Do you think the SXX 12's will be louder than the hcca was?

No pre fab box first off. Spend the money get a custom built. Myself and others here can build and ship you one also get 0 gauge ofc wire do the big 3 Now you just looking for louder bass ? Or what. Need your goals here

You are doing everything wrong here. Do not do anything else by yourself. Prefabs are a never. That ppi is 1000 to 1200 actual watts at 1 ohm at best. However if your electrical system is stock, you are making waay less than that.

If you arent getting this kind of results with your orion, it means your box design game is beyond sh*t which it is because prefab... Never waste money on prefab garbage again.

Not getting loud is not the sub's fault its the owners fault for not doing a proper install aka proper enclosure, proper electrical, proper signal, proper loading

If you get those aspects right then you will get loud. Start with a proper box aka measure out all the space you have in length x width x height.

Hey guys. I just joined the forum so idk if I am doing this right. But I just sold my Orion HCCA 10.2. I think I am looking to get 2 12's or something that my amp can power. I think I wasn't getting enough power to the HCCA to get it to its fullest potential. I was looking into getting 2 RE Audio SXX 12.4's. With a prefab enclosure and keeping my amp. I have a Precision Power BA5000.1D 5000W. Lets out 2500 rms at one ohm. But I don't even think my car is letting that out. I don't have a high output alternator, or any caps, or an extra battery. But the Amp is wired with 4 gauge wire and the ground is to the battery. Its welding wire so OFC. Do you think the SXX 12's will be louder than the hcca was?
yes lots wrong going on here 1/0 big 3. your amp only has 4awg inputs the 7000 only put out 2500 so im guessing around 1500 real power. def get a custom box i know a few over here in tampa. worth the 2 hour drive. re is not what it use to be much better options. will they be louder of course. way more cone area.

American Bass XFL1244 12" Subwoofer With Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils; 200 Oz Magnet 700621013426 | eBay

if budget is a concern, i would do 2 of these in a custom enclosure. you would see a high increase in output. plus big 3 upgrade. put the money you save to the box. better sub also

The box I had for the hcca was custom built for it. And I will get a custom one for whatever i get next then. But what should I do without a HOA about electrical?
doesnt sound like its built by someone that knows what they are doing then if it cant get loud. In a proper box even on a tiny boss amp it can get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.