Help Dialing in my Subwoofer

First off, I'd like to introduce my self. First post!! I live in Socal and I'm a huge car enthusiast, I belong to a few forums (not audio) and have moderated forums in the past.. Just a little back round.

Ive been working on my pride and joy for a few years now, and it's funny I never had plans to put a "system" per say in my truck. I say funny because it almost seems as if I was planning to but really wasn't.

In 2012 I added sound deadener to quiet down my cab from the exhaust system the truck has.. It worked well.

2013 Upgraded the 85 amp alternator to a 130amp and while I was there upgraded my alternator charge wire to a 0 gauge wire with a fuse. Also upgraded to better battery cables. All this was done to support my efan set up.

2014 Upgraded my voice speakers in all 4 corners.

2015 Bought a nice Pioneer head unit, not double din. Just regular.. With a few nice features.

So!! Sounds like I was ready to add a nice amp and woofer!?!? So I did.

Its a single cab truck, space is very limited. Got 2 12' CVR kickers to fit behind the seats, of course there sealed. And I have a kx 800.1 mono amp. I set up the Gain using the ohms law, but still have yet to dial in my stereo and my amp.

Been reading a ton and the more I read the more I get confused.

Bottom line, I don't like the sound. Main issues is my sub dose not really fallow the beat, there are certain parts of songs where she skips the mids and the lows completely.

Is there sort of a base line where to start?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your low pass crossover set at? Does the 800.1 have a subsonic filter?
252d04779c8f9f0d3dad3b733eb1b6ae.jpg

Yes, it does.. Thats what a shop set it too.. But sounds ******.. He was fast on selling me on a Epicenter so his settings to me are to question

Yes, it does.. Thats what a shop set it too.. But sounds ******.. He was fast on selling me on a Epicenter so his settings to me are to question

That's where the settings were lol... Gain maxed out subsonic filter set way to high no wonder it sounded like ***

There's also a good chance your enclosure is too small for your subs as well... Which would also contribute to the azs sound your hearing... But you could manipulate your subs into thinking they were in a larger box by adding poly fill... Same **** used in pillows. Slows down the sound wave as if it were in a larger box

There's also a good chance your enclosure is too small for your subs as well... Which would also contribute to the azs sound your hearing... But you could manipulate your subs into thinking they were in a larger box by adding poly fill... Same **** used in pillows. Slows down the sound wave as if it were in a larger box

Yes, like I said. I question his tuning even tho I'm no expert, but I do understand how business works. Therefore I feel my system is not playing no where nears its best. On a different note, I'm not upset he did not charge me..

Poly fill? Interesting, I do believe my enclosures could be a limiting factor. First I'd like to get it to sound as best as possible then fine tune it as I go.. For now, It's a mess

Yeah, don't go back to that shop.

Gain is maxed the hell out. So subs are probably seeing a ton of distortion

Sub Sonic is set to 80z. Its a sealed enclosure. Should be at 10z.

LoPass isn't too bad. In a sealed enclosure I would be around 125.

EQ Center Freq is set to 80z. Again sealed enclosure, no need for it to be set so high.

Bass Boost MAXED. Distortion, Distortion, Distortion

Plenty of members on here to help ya in person on getting those things fixed on your amp.

Pretty obvious that the shop you went to was more into making $$ from you rather than helping out your situation.

Yeah, don't go back to that shop.
Gain is maxed the hell out. So subs are probably seeing a ton of distortion

Sub Sonic is set to 80z. Its a sealed enclosure. Should be at 10z.

LoPass isn't too bad. In a sealed enclosure I would be around 125.

EQ Center Freq is set to 80z. Again sealed enclosure, no need for it to be set so high.

Bass Boost MAXED. Distortion, Distortion, Distortion
Your post was just what I needed..

Got the Gain all set up..

The subs sound great, thru out the songs nice deep and tight.. Just beautiful.. Now the voice speakers are the ones that need some tuning not much but some..

Here's how my amp settings look currently
105d26c3135399d47ee08ca82416c0fe.jpg

What dafuq are voice speakers?!
Are you referring to the other speakers in the truck?

That bass boost should be at "0".
Yes, on the truck.

At 0? I don't think Id be able to hear the subs at 0 tbh

Yes, on the truck.
At 0? I don't think Id be able to hear the subs at 0 tbh

I thought that too but with HU setting right and the gains set right you will be able too. Where in Social are you

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.