Help-Dissapointing Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

MarcBrev
10+ year member

CA
Hey - A few days ago I installed an Autotek 2150(300watt RMS bridged) and a Cerwin Vega 12HED-DVC in my 96' BMW M3. After so I was disapointed. It was not very tight or accurate bass and was much worse than my brothers JL 12W0. I wanted to know what the weakness in my setup is. Is it the sub or amp?

I am also considering buying a new sub since thats what i believe the problem is--any ideas? I wanted more clarity and tighter bass but am still on a tight budget. What are the thoughts on Polk, Alpine, Jenson, and JL? Any good places to buy? Thanks a ton

It will not be the amp..and for the money you forked out on it I should hope not..I think it would have to be either the sub or the enclosure..I dont have any experience with HED subs but have heard they arent too bad..check you enclosure volume against the recommendations or check them at http://kbapps.com You can also download winisd at http://linearteam.com

Mike

i didnt build the enclosure but its a pretty large one. Bigger than my brothers JL audio one. I would guess it more than a cubic foot. Would the enclosure make the bass sloppy though?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.