HELP FOR A NOOB buying a system

I appreciate the help man I was actually just checking that sub out right before I jumped on here. I just ordered an eXcelon hu and four pioneer coaxials ts-a6874r you think that skar would match good with that...

I personally have never used the headunit or the speakers. But I have installed many of the speakers, and they are decent for entry level starters, or just people who want to here their music. The Skar would match up with anything. Kevin and his company SKAR Audio put together a phenomenal subwoofer. I wouldn't go with any other. I have had many systems over the years. And I am very pleased with SKAR. If you need anything else, like help with designing a box. Feel free to email me at anytime. I have over 100 designs for boxes in my catalog. Plenty in my inventory so if you need help or would like me to design you a box email me at: DieselMech428@gmail.com

And I will gladly give you a design and the spec's, and the dimensions.

i got an obsidian. also underrated and it hits low. i was thinking into getting a vvx 15 but decided on the obsidian. (not knocking SKAR, they are great subs) the oa does best in 3.5 cubes tho. (for a 15) the dcons are pretty good subs, but you can get a better sub for the money OP. ascendant audio is a solid sub company. I'm saving for a AA mayhem (not post dumping) but yeah the soar, oa, or the ascendant would do great. a lot of the sound you will get will come from your box too so don't cheap out on it. if ur getting a 15 use bracing or double baffle for a box that big. will improve the sound a lot. good luck.

Alright I'll mail you soon on the box but i mean for $200 for four brand new 350w max pioneer speakers and a brand new eXcelon hu was it a decent deal??? plus its taking place of stock everything??? I got it that cheap because this sub shop up the road is goin out of business an you can get stuff like stupid cheap. My cousin was telling tht the hu itself was worth the $200

Hell yea its a good deal man. for the combo. If you would have gone somewhere else you would have spent a little over $300 on all that. Good job bud. Take some pics of your build for all of us pic ****** out there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boobiez.gif.bcca53c4e1c9539300cad4d7d1b9dd4d.gif

Well, depends what head unit, I am pleased with my Kenwood though. They have some other models that aren't much good. As for the speakers.... probably nothing much special at all. I suppose it wasn't bad though. I would say, "I got this headunit for $200, and they gave me 4 free speakers!".

Dcon, Skar, and the Obsidian are all great woofer choices for lower budget builds. Well, they're great choices either way. Dcon is rated at 300w, and it is surely capable of taking more. 400w is fine, 500w is probably okay too. As for the Obsidian and Skar, I would be comfortable giving them 1kW each, though I'd be skeptical about any more power than that, depending on enclosure specs and what not.

Well, depends what head unit, I am pleased with my Kenwood though. They have some other models that aren't much good. As for the speakers.... probably nothing much special at all. I suppose it wasn't bad though. I would say, "I got this headunit for $200, and they gave me 4 free speakers!".Dcon, Skar, and the Obsidian are all great woofer choices for lower budget builds. Well, they're great choices either way. Dcon is rated at 300w, and it is surely capable of taking more. 400w is fine, 500w is probably okay too. As for the Obsidian and Skar, I would be comfortable giving them 1kW each, though I'd be skeptical about any more power than that, depending on enclosure specs and what not.
Not trying to thread jack. But after the break in process which takes a while to do. And if done properly the sub can perform at higher rms than 1000. I am currently running my 4 SKAR audio VVX 15's on 2 AQ-2200D strapped at max. You want to play the subs starting at a lower rms, 400/600 range for about a month or so. So you can soften up the spyders so they arn't as stiff as they would be from factory brand new.

lets be clear the dcon is more expensive but by no means is it(skar) a better woofer than the dcon for q dcon over skar
You make no since at all. Don't be a jackass, how would you know have you owned any of these woofers? By seeing your 19 dislikes, you obviously just kicked your self in the *** on this one. Get your head on your shoulders bud. Because apparently you don't know what the hell your talking about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

i got an obsidian. also underrated and it hits low. i was thinking into getting a vvx 15 but decided on the obsidian. (not knocking SKAR, they are great subs) the oa does best in 3.5 cubes tho. (for a 15) the dcons are pretty good subs, but you can get a better sub for the money OP. ascendant audio is a solid sub company. I'm saving for a AA mayhem (not post dumping) but yeah the soar, oa, or the ascendant would do great. a lot of the sound you will get will come from your box too so don't cheap out on it. if ur getting a 15 use bracing or double baffle for a box that big. will improve the sound a lot. good luck.
dude fi and ascendant are the same company and they also make SSA woofers what are u talking about

dude fi and ascendant are the same company and they also make SSA woofers what are u talking about
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ban.gif.ce8465566702ef9f72e97e794ed1c86a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.