HELP FOR A NOOB buying a system

Not trying to thread jack. But after the break in process which takes a while to do. And if done properly the sub can perform at higher rms than 1000. I am currently running my 4 SKAR audio VVX 15's on 2 AQ-2200D strapped at max. You want to play the subs starting at a lower rms, 400/600 range for about a month or so. So you can soften up the spyders so they arn't as stiff as they would be from factory brand new.
Skar free-airs all their woofers before they ship, iirc.

The Dcon is a good choice op. It's pretty underrated by 300 and will take that 400 w/o a problem. So stick with your original idea but be sure to get a custom box for that puppy and you'll be happy.....

Word, Skar, Sundown, and OA all do the same QC test on free-air to make sure they're good. Which means they break them in for you.
Exactly, also, if the subwoofers aren't going to handle the power you throw at them when they're brand new, they're probably not going to do too well with it over time, lol

TONS of competitors burp with BNIB woofers or fresh recones.

just because skar can handle more watts thrown at it doesn't make it a Better woofer a better comparison would be a vvx12 and a icon. Ssa woofers are made with better soft parts than skar, that's why I said for q(quality) go dcon or save up and get u an icon. Not knocking skar op this is just my option

I've been busy today or i woulda been on here sooner... I know giving max output is lame because it is basically an unrealistic # but i couldn't remember the model number and couldnt remember the rms then realized I had stated it earlier so it was stupid... But uhm I decided to return the fli amp I got and grab this re audio Dts-1500.1 it's on sell for like 150 and I can get that dcon for 125 shipped. Would it be too hard to build my own box or should I just buy one??? And with this amp change would you say it was a good move or just sideways

Haha this guy at the shop just told me he paid $60 a speaker for those speakers and I only gave $25 a speaker. I guess it was a good deal. Ok I've still got the stock speakers in and I've been tryin to listen more to them and I think my tweeters are blown and when I turn my bass up I hear a rattle mainly on the outside of my truck there's a little ringing in the cab but when I turn the bass up and stand outside my truck it's making a metal to metal type rattle like the speaker is hitting the body of my truck or maybe it's blown but would this be a normal noise for a blown speaker, but like I said its only when I crank my stock speakers and i hope my new ones don't have this problem

There's wayyy too many settings on this head unit by the time i figure all this stuff out its gonna be old school

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.