Help for someone new?

Hey welcome to the board.

1.) most people just ditch the rear fill and upgrade the fronts to a nice component set.

2.) A good price for a sub depends on what your looking for i.e 10",12",15" as far as placement a box in the trunk is most typical

3.) Yes to power the spakers properly youll need an amp or even two. one for the fronts and a sub amp. As far as wattage goes just go by the RMS power rating of the speakers your going to power with the amp.

A price range at this point is nearly impossible but just as an idea:

front components- ~$100

component amp- ~$100

subs- varies waaay to much a crappy 10 for $50 or a nice 15" for upwards of $250

and sub amp- again depending on setup but ~$200-300

oh and wiring-~$40-$50

hope this helps, you ll get a more accurate price estimate once you figure out what setup your goin with.

I cant afford a 1000$ system but I'd say im willing to spend around 250-350$.. if i need more which i probably think i will then i could get some more.

Edit: oh thanks copper... i didnt realize i needed maybe more than one amp.. so im guessing i would need more money then what i said before?

Pioneer subs are good budget subs, and for amps hifonics are good budget amps.I would say get 2 12s and an amp for 350 and deal with the speakers in you car until you have enough money saved up to buy a good component set and an amp
could you maybe tell me a good set to buy?

I personally always recommending buying components and an amp b4 you put any money into bass. Unless you really like 75% of the noise in your car to be bass with the other 25% distorted paper cones.

I think you should either get new components and an amp, OR a new sub and an amp.

If you get a decent head unit, you can keep the stock speakers and get a new sub + amp. This will sound pretty good.

Then, when you have some $, you can add some 6.5 components for the front along with a good 4 channel amp putting out some good power.

If you want a good deal on some subs, I am selling a pair of phoenix gold Xenon 12" subs for $160. I posted a thread in the FS section.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.