Help gettin thru firewall pls

Anyone here know the best way to run a power wire thru a firewall of a 2000 toyota avalon im sort a stumped right now with this!
When my installer guy went to run a 0AWG power wire from the battery through the firewall of my 23006 Grand Caravan we found a hole in the firewall sheet metal that Chrysler had made in the firewall just for such a cable! But when I had him run another 0AWG for the gnd to the neg battery post he had to drill another hole just next to the pos cable wire's hole. He uses what he calls a Christmas Tree drill bit which has steps for the hole size. Worked great, used hard rubber grommets too!

John Kuthe...

Anyone here know the best way to run a power wire thru a firewall of a 2000 toyota avalon im sort a stumped right now with this!
I think I do. Looking at the engine bay exposed' date=' toward the immediate right just below and to the left of your driver's side strut mount nuts and studs there should be an easy penetration to the inside cabin. The step-up drill bit was what [Kuthe'] was thinking. Before you start drilling, check inside your car to the left topside of the brake pedal for a clear route.

Existing hole or drill a hole using step drills which can be found at hardware stores. But...be cautious on where you drill your hole as to not interfere with other things.

I fingerd it out ! I found a way to run the power wire through the wheel well and under that removable idk what u call it but its that sheet of plastic covering that is supposed to keep road debris out! I then ran wire under the car and through the driver side drain plug on the floor board under the inteior carpeting i punched i hole though this surprisingly thin and weak soft rubber plug and ran the wire through it into the cabin and eventually into the trunk! Yes i do have about a foot of power cable exposed underneath the car! I dont love it but it works!

I fingerd it out ! I found a way to run the power wire through the wheel well and under that removable idk what u call it but its that sheet of plastic covering that is supposed to keep road debris out! I then ran wire under the car and through the driver side drain plug on the floor board under the inteior carpeting i punched i hole though this surprisingly thin and weak soft rubber plug and ran the wire through it into the cabin and eventually into the trunk! Yes i do have about a foot of power cable exposed underneath the car! I dont love it but it works!
there should be a grommet or two right in the firewall that you can stab and tie your cable to a stick and put it through the hole..

Is your battery on the passenger side by the firewall? Reason I ask is that with the 3 Lexus vehicles I have owned, they all have had a large grommet right behind the battery and worked out great for running power wire through. Since Toyota is Lexus I would assume it would be the same or very similar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.