HELP me choose my SUBS n AMP package!

wogboy_1287

Intro:

Well first off all id like to say this is my first post, Hooray //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and Hello to everyone. I own to Toyota's, an 88' Supra T and a 92' 4Runner. The supra's is my "race car" as you would call it so its got a simple sound setup, dont want added weight of subs etc. Now the 4WD is where im fitting a real sound system, Now this is the juicy part.

Juice:

Im planning to install 2 Subs + amp to power into the cargo area of my 4Runner. Im on a tight ass budget so im looking at the low end of the scale. I may upgrade later i may not. Im no Audiophile and i guess my system im hoping will have decent quality sound and decent volume too, oh and i like my bass. I can get my hands on one of 2 different types of SUBS in my price range, the (OMG these r hated soo much on here however ive heard good reviews outside of this) Xplode 12" P5's OR "Pioneer 15" VCCS Sub". Now before you start throwing answers at me, the pair that i go with will be hooked up to one of two AMPS. These AMPS are either the "Premier AP2000" or the "Lanzar VIBE268". Now taking this all into account i would like your opinions AND REASONS WHY i should go with the combination you choose. Appreciate it guys.

RUN DOWN:

SONY XPLODE 12" P5's-------------------OR----------------Pioneer 15" VCCS

350W/1200W----------------------------------------------350/700W

4 OHM SVC------------------------------------------------4 OHM SVC

PAIRED WITH............

Premier 2000W Amp---------------------OR-------------Lanzar 2000W Amp

Peak (4 Ohms) 640W x 2-------------------------------2x500W RMS at 4 Ohms

RMS (4 Ohms) 320W x 2--------------------------------2x1000W MAX at 4 Ohms

Peak (2 Ohms) 1000W x 2-----------------------------1x2000W Max at 4 OhmsBridged

RMS (2 Ohms) 480W x 2--------------------------------2x800W at 2 Ohms

Bridged RMS (4 Ohms) 960W x 1

THATS ALL FINALLY! So WHICH COMBINATION AND WHY!?!?!

I would go with the Pioneer sub over the Xplodes... I have a friend who has those Xplodes and there is no way they can handle 1200 watts. I hooked one up to a 300 watt amp and it almost did just that... XPLOD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif .

I havn't had any experience with that particular Pioneer subwoofer, though. I have the 2000SPL and I am very pleased with it, but it is one of Pioneer's high-end products.

And for the amp, either seems fine. I would get the Lanzar because it puts out more power and plenty of people use Lanzars that are happy with their performance. But I'm sure either of them will do fine.

you might want to see what you can get for the prices of those subs and amps, i think you'll be surprised as to what you can get.

look at brands such as Kicker, RE, etc.

That combo i'de say the Sony P5's and the lanzar amp.

If you are willing to branch out there are plenty of other company's that offer cheap equipment also. What is your price range.

Thanks for the replys so far keep em comin! Now i live in Australia but im ordering the amp from the U.S. because it works out cheaper for me that way than getting one here... Im willing to spend US$150-US$200 MAX on an amp, and well those subs im looking at are in Australia (local shop) and both brands are selling for about US$100 each! So if someone can get me a better deal please yell out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif ...i dont think getting subs from the U.S. is very cost effective BUT im willing to take up different offers for better amps from the U.S. that are in my price range! Cheers guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.