Help me find a sub

Sell those subs to a collector. Buy one decent 12" sub, get a custom built ported center console enclosure, run it on that amp at 1 ohm. Keep all your rear seat, and get fairly loud, all at one shot.That's what I did with my F-150 ext cab. And was very pleased with it. I built the center console with a AUX input jack on each side, 12v power port on pass side, Line level knob on drivers side, and a cubby for change,cell phone, ect, and two deep stainless drink holders .....
I had thought about that also as i currently have nothing between the front seats.....The factory console has been mia for years and it ***** not having cup holders lol. Do you have any pics of that setup? Thats something i dont like about this amp is the knob for it is bass boost instead of gain so i dont even have it hooked up. I set the gain for the speaker amp and the sub amp with test tones and just dont touch them although i used 0db and im wondering if i should have used maybe -5 for the subs? Headunit puts out clean signal all the way to max volume on the preouts.

I do have pics, but not available to me on this pc right now. Get rid of that knob, and get a good line level knob. I think I might even have the cut list saved somewhere .... You have an 80 prs hu ??

Pics and cut list would be awesome. Where does your port fire? Its a JVC KD-R895BTS. I want another pioneer app radio 2 or pioneer AVH-4200NEX....I had the 7 inch app radio in my 99 f150 before a sub box i was taking to somwone fell into it and busted the screen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Would this be fine? https://www.ebay.com/itm/141707024856

Agree 100%. I would strongly advise asking if the saw is squared or not before getting your desired pieces cut. Might throw off your dims for a loop. I learned the hard way....I'm sure I'm not the only one. Had a few pieces that were cut too short while others were too long.
Lowes is dumb...they got a tool center with plenty of sawblades in there. If I was an employee, I would "mysteriously" make the old blade disappear while nabbing a fresh one from the tools dept.
HD doesn't give a rat's ass about the saw being square and at the same time I'm not paid enough to care //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif:rotflol://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif I was told by the lumber manager at my old store that the saw is off 1/8" on horizontal cuts and most accurate with vertical cuts.

I still buy my wood from specialty lumber stores because the selection and quality is better and they cut it more accurate. A 4x8 sheet of 13 ply baltic birch is $55.95 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Yeah 2 ohm mono atm with the mtxs. I think my neighbor has a skilll saw and i could just get him to cut it for me.

A circular saw with a finishing blade partnered with cutting guide can make very accurate cuts.

Sell those subs to a collector. Buy one decent 12" sub, get a custom built ported center console enclosure, run it on that amp at 1 ohm. Keep all your rear seat, and get fairly loud, all at one shot.That's what I did with my F-150 ext cab. And was very pleased with it. I built the center console with a AUX input jack on each side, 12v power port on pass side, Line level knob on drivers side, and a cubby for change,cell phone, ect, and two deep stainless drink holders .....
I meant to ask earlier what would you recommend for a single 12 for my amp? As far as space goes I have 20 inches from the back of the back seat to the back of the front seats and i could scoot them up a bit if i needed to. The back seat is 63 inches wide......could be made wider if i took the ragged wall panels/arm rest off. 18ish inches between the front seats. 44 inches from dash at its farthest out point to back seat. Dash slants like this from floor up ( / )

There are a number of subs under the $300 mark that would work with that amp. And hold up good for an upgrade in amps down the road. FU Audio, DC Audio, Brutal Sounds, SounDrive, sundown, ect... all have subs that would fit the bill.

Thx for the info and when you get a chance to get your pics of the console build id love to see them and im really liking the ideal of doing a console build in the near future.

Update...I built two boxes for the mtxs and they sound pretty good and i believe ive been converted to ported boxs now that ive had some. They sound just as good as sealed but louder and harder hitting but after having them on the back seat they just take up to much room and i think i want to go with one ported 12.....A buddy is gonna buy what i have now and i can get a Skar RP-1500.1D for 150 from another buddy and was wondering if its a decent amp? If so what would be a good sub to go with it?

Like i said earlier i listen to all types of music so im more towards SQ but would like some good wow factor when i crank it up especially when listening to dubstep and what little bit of rap i like. Truck (95 f150 ext cab) Already has big *** alternator with 0G big 3 upgrade and 0G ran to the rear under back seat.

Next question is whats a good set of 6.5s? components or coaxial for around 100 dollars? Saw these recommended somewhere on the forums https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANI3LAK/ref=twister_B078WQK4Y5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1. I just dont really have any place to mount the tweeters. What about the coaxial versions? Should i ditch the rear 6x9s? They are mb quart. Amp recommendations are welcome as right now all cab speakers are running off of a spl gorilla something thats roughly 100 watts per channel.

Im also thinking about getting a Pioneer AVH4200NEX sooner than later as i missed my app radio 2 in my other truck every since the screen got busted.

As far as the cuts go...I made the mistake of having Home Depot do it ONE time. After that, I just had them cut some of my biggest rips so I could get the sheet to fit in my car. Then, I just use a circular saw. Easy peasy and you can control everything yourself.

As far as the sub.........well...i've owned a lot and NOTHING has impressed me as much as my dcon. It gets PLENTY loud off of 400rms in a ported box, and sounds great doing it. I've just been impatiently waiting for them to release their new lineup since their only subs out now are all overkill for my intents and purposes.

Yup...have them make the big cuts necessary if your unable to do them at home. Once that's done, do everything yourself and come out right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.