Help me if you can

cutthrough
10+ year member

Ok I am having problems with my amps. Well actually they wont even power up. I have a four gauge wire going from the battery to the distro block. On this wire I have a 100 amp switch breaker. Two wires come out of distro block, one 4 gauge to the sub amp and one 8 guage to the mid amp. Everything seems right but the amps wont even turn on. The protect light doesn't come on or anything. I do have the amp turn on lead from the deck hooked up right, I've checked it 5 times. So I figure I should try wiring one amp directly to the battery see if it works and then try the other. If they both work I know it has something to do with the distro block. Could it have something to do with the grounds?? I have them bolted in different places but they are fairly close. About two and a half inches away from each other. Anyways if both amps work being directly wired It would have to be the distro block. I used a Multi Meter to check and there is power going through the distro block from the in to both the outs and across the switch breaker. I'm at a loss. Someone please help me before I rip my hair out, or have to pay for somebody to do this.

Ok I am having problems with my amps. Well actually they wont even power up. I have a four gauge wire going from the battery to the distro block. On this wire I have a 100 amp switch breaker. Two wires come out of distro block, one 4 gauge to the sub amp and one 8 guage to the mid amp. Everything seems right but the amps wont even turn on. The protect light doesn't come on or anything. I do have the amp turn on lead from the deck hooked up right, I've checked it 5 times. So I figure I should try wiring one amp directly to the battery see if it works and then try the other. If they both work I know it has something to do with the distro block. Could it have something to do with the grounds?? I have them bolted in different places but they are fairly close. About two and a half inches away from each other. Anyways if both amps work being directly wired It would have to be the distro block. I used a Multi Meter to check and there is power going through the distro block from the in to both the outs and across the switch breaker. I'm at a loss. Someone please help me before I rip my hair out, or have to pay for somebody to do this.
Did you check the remote wire with the DMM and make sure it giving out 12V?

You mentioned that you checked the 12V with your meter, did you check that you were getting 12 on your remotes and then did you check that your grounds are good...check these by doing a simple continuity test between your ground spots and the neg batt term.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.