Help me in Competition system

abdulwq
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi I am a little new to car audio but i love it really much.I need some advices from professional gurus about setting up 160dbls to amaze some local guys.

I have the following equipments so what i need more.

Pioneer DEH 6800

2 x Alpine MRV 1505 amps

Rockford foagate 800a4

Speakers 6x9 JBL T595 rated as 150 RMS

Front 4x6 rated as 60 RMS

i am plannig to buy 2x12" L7s so what impedence should i buy and what else i want.

A friend of mine hit 125dbl with only JBL t595 in sealed box,i dont know if they are good.Anybody recommends me the best i mean the best components and 6x9s as price does not matter.

Please help as summer is very short in Finland.

Buy a huge, SPL oriented 18" sub (such as Shocker Sig, Fi BTL, Digital Designs 9918/9518, RE Audio MT, etc) and give it 2500 - 3000 rms. Get two or three batteries and a HO alt. You won't hit 160 ever, maybe not even 150. But you will do 140s and probably think it's the loudest thing you've ever heard.

Or go with 2 12" L7s, buy a Kicker ZX2500.1, and a couple batteries, if you want to get L7s. If you want the ZX2500.1 get Dual 2 ohm subs.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Greetings to the new guy from Finland!

As far as 6x9s are concerned, if you're determined to use that size driver, the T595 is going to be tough to beat.

They are essentially a re-release of JBL's famed T545 3-way coaxial 6x9 and by all accounts from those who have heard them they are every bit as good as the older ones were.

Having personally owned a set of the T545s if the 595s are even half as good, keep 'em. You're solid there.

Those 1507s make their biggest power @ 4 Ohms bridged, correct? If I'm remembering that correctly and additionally my assumption is that you're wanting to use one Alpine amp per Kicker L7 then you're going to want to get the Dual 2 Ohm Solobarics so that each one can be wired in series to a 4 Ohm load to be compatible with those big Alpines while they are bridged.

As far as components go - what size components are you wanting to go with? If you're wanting to go moderately high-end to really high-end then I'm not so sure you're going to be able to find anything in a 4x6. There's going to be some modifications needed to get either a 5.25" or 6.5" set depending on what suits you best.

thanks for last couple post really helped.Here in finland they just hitted 177+dbls with a dd sub ,forgot the model with spl dynamics amps,have a look guys http://www.spldynamics.fi .....i have 18" cervin vega stroker also rated as 1600Rms so can i use one alpine MRV1507 to power each coil. is it possible.What are the best high end components.

ok it might be difficult to acheive 160dbl but 150s is not hard to acheive.

maybe im missing something but is there some sort of finalandian conversion where 150 might = 130DB american.....

150's are hard to achieve..no simple task...but like someone said...get an 18, or two 15's with a couple thousand watts between the two...make a custom enclosure, upgrade your electrical system and youll have something that many other people do not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.