Help me pick some 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crank
10+ year member

JUNIOR MARINE
I have a '01 Silverado, and I just picked up a subthump box for it, specs are basically downfiring, 7" mounting depth for 2 12's with .92 cubic feet sealed...

I have basically a (1) Memphis Dealer (2) JL Dealer (3) Rockford and some other brand dealer, in this shitty little town.

I'm new to the car audio thing, and I've never had any system before... but I do know, that the majority of the music I listen to is either country, or rock, hard rock or alternative, I occasionally listen to rap when I want bass(which is alot, but my stock speakers sound like crap) and I want a good SQ setup, something that'll beat hard, but sound good doing it, not just something that'll beat down the block and win all the drags.

I can pick from one of the dealers in my town, so I have a warranty, or I could go online, since I'll be installing it myself anyway, but basically I'm wanting opinions on some subs that I should install into this box, that wont cost me a **** ton of money. Yes, I realize that performance comes at a price, but I want a good comprimise between SQ and not a **** ton of money. What are your recommendations for this ? I'd really like to stay on the tighter side of 250 per. Thanks guys

Brandon

(which is alot, but my stock speakers sound like crap) and I want a good SQ setup,
This is where you should start... not with the subwoofers...

Once that is taken care of, I personally would go for RE RE 12s which are onsale right now at woofersetc.com for 59.99 per... They won't be the best sounding woofer in the world, but will do fine and have a decent pricetag (especially right now)

OR, I would order some Mach 5 Audio Maw 12s.... Great woofer for the price.

I don't think there is any real reason for you to goto a local shop as they will charge out the wazooooo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.