Help me set crossover settings

Sluggz

CarAudio.com Recruit
NorCal
Hey all. I’m stoked that I finally received my amp after waiting almost 10 days for it. The setup goin in my 01 Mustang convertible is:

• Image Dynamics ID10D2 V.4
• Goldwood TR10S 10" Single Sealed Box
• Taramps MD800.1 amp
• Alpine UTE-73BT HU

I’ve been watching videos on YT on how to set LPF and HPF but I don’t want to take a risk and destroy all of my new equipment. I learned how to set gain with my multimeter but want to know where I should set my LPF/HPF settings.

I was told by a local shop to set my head unit LPF to 80hz and amp LPF to 100hz. Is there a specific way to measure each of the frequencies?

You can turn the low pass all the way up on the amplifier.
Then on your head unit you set the subwoofer channel low pass to 80Hz. On my deck its under the crossover menu. Set crossover at 80Hz and i can select the dB slope (how quick it falls off above 80Hz). 6dB is a slow roll off, 24dB is a quick roll off. Make sense?

The high pass a.k.a. subsonic, I'm less familiar with. People say to set it a few Hz below the frequency your box is tuned to.
I think it's more important to get this right on a ported box, and that sealed boxes have some safeguards against incorrect subsonic setting.

I have a ported box supposedly tuned around 34Hz, so I try to set my high pass around 30Hz.

You can turn the low pass all the way up on the amplifier.
Then on your head unit you set the subwoofer channel low pass to 80Hz. On my deck its under the crossover menu. Set crossover at 80Hz and i can select the dB slope (how quick it falls off above 80Hz). 6dB is a slow roll off, 24dB is a quick roll off. Make sense?

The high pass a.k.a. subsonic, I'm less familiar with. People say to set it a few Hz below the frequency your box is tuned to.
I think it's more important to get this right on a ported box, and that sealed boxes have some safeguards against incorrect subsonic setting.

I have a ported box supposedly tuned around 34Hz, so I try to set my high pass around 30Hz.
Yes I have also read that HPF on sealed boxes can be dialed completely down. So you have your LPF maxed at the amp and 80hz at the HU? How’s your sub sound?

id low pass the sub at 80hz using the deck. i wouldnt use the amps LPF. set it real high if you cant turn it off

dont need a subsonic filter for sealed boxes

fwiw, gain setting info below. test tones are at the very bottom

id low pass the sub at 80hz using the deck. i wouldnt use the amps LPF. set it real high if you cant turn it off

dont need a subsonic filter for sealed boxes

fwiw, gain setting info below. test tones are at the very bottom

Thanks Nauc. So dial LPF at the amp completely down? Also thank you for the link!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...