help me with PAC SOEM?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Predd

hey everyone! im trying to get my system to work with my factory amp. ive seen a lot of posts on the PAC SOEMs but most are running factory HU or the RCA option. long story short, i bought everything i needed for a decent system without the knowledge that the bose factory amp/speakers in my car were a major hassle.. i tried to install and failed, getting power on the HU, but no sound. shops have gave me estimates of 200+ to install everything(even after ive ran all the wires). this last shop i went to, the owner gave me a PAC SOEM-4 and said that this would trigger the factory amp to turn on and my speakers will work? or something around that area..

well, i have no idea what this thing is.... i know a little about car audio, but i would still say im a newbie. so all these wires are a little intimidating. the owner tried to explain it to me in the 20 mins i was at the shop but it mostly went over my head.

the owner said i should run both sides wired. i have the factory harness and the aftermarket harness. do i just wire the factory harness into output and the aftermarket harness into input? everything color to color? and there are so many ground wires.. what do i do with them all? im confused.. can anyone plz help me out? that would be great.. thank you.

'98 Acura CL 3.0

Pioneer AVH-X2600BT

Last edited by a moderator:
Google search the wiring schematic to the pac you have. Should be a power work for constant 12v, ground, and remote on. Then you need to run one channel off the pac, speaker, positive and negative to a factory speaker. Splice that in. Once you do it, it will work one rca. May need to splice in for more channels or rcas. It is simple but a ***** though when you first attempt it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.