Help!!! middle of setting gains/x0ver

Participant count
  • Participant list

gti303
10+ year member

USA
Anyways just setting my gains...just got a question, I'm active on a set of SLC265 comps...whats a good freq for the tweets on this set for x-ver? The manual just tells me to let the woofer chime in at 80hz 12db slope, but not the tweets...any suggestions would be appreciated...right now its on the stock 9887 settings...

Also...I have 20V running to each tweet and each woofer, hence 400w...but my amp is 600w...can I keep turning the juice up?

Anyways just setting my gains...just got a question, I'm active on a set of SLC265 comps...whats a good freq for the tweets on this set for x-ver? The manual just tells me to let the woofer chime in at 80hz 12db slope, but not the tweets...any suggestions would be appreciated...right now its on the stock 9887 settings...
Also...I have 20V running to each tweet and each woofer, hence 400w...but my amp is 600w...can I keep turning the juice up?
What did you set your gains with?

I suggest you set your gains with your ears.

start with your gains down and set your volume to 30/35. then increase your gain until your desired output for your tweets. Then repeat for the mid gains.

For your X-over points, start with 3khz as your cutoff point for your mids and tweets. I would say 2.5khz is the lowest you should go with a steep slope

I suggest you set your gains with your ears.
start with your gains down and set your volume to 30/35. then increase your gain until your desired output for your tweets. Then repeat for the mid gains.

For your X-over points, start with 3khz as your cutoff point for your mids and tweets. I would say 2.5khz is the lowest you should go with a steep slope
Thanks...GREATLY appreciated!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.