=HELP= ohm's amp and speaker

I am wondering, if I have two 0.5 ohm stable amps and strap them togather will it handel a 1ohm load???
Wire two d4 ohm subwoofers!

or would most good name brand amps handle a 1ohm...straped

PLZ HELP: i am a girl lol dont under stand
which amp(s) do you have in mind..2 D4 subs wired to 1 ohm = + to + and - to - all the way to the amp :

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

ok Its so hard to explain stuff to you all!!!

If the amps are .5 ohm each, strapped will make them 1ohm stable right???

my subs will be hooked to 1 ohm

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

new orleans: west bank

So your amps are .5 ohm stable right? So you're asking if you strap them will they make 1 ohm? I don't know what difference it makes when you're going to run your speakers @ 4 ohm? First off what kind of subs are they and what's the voice coil configuration? Meaning are they single coil 4 ohm, dual coil 2ohm, etc.? Without knowing what subs they are and how are you're going to wire them we can't answer the question. The amp has nothing to do with ohms. The subwoofers do.

O i put speakers into the title and you all get confused lololol, sorry

subs are d4, together its 1 ohm a new born baby knows that crap.

but puting 2 amps togather one as a slave and the other one is the controled one, they handle .5 ohm buy them self. when straped it will be 1. ohm stable not .5 any more??? thats the QUESTION????????????????

Now I get your question! Lol! Unfortunately my experience with this subject might make me put my foot in my mouth. Wait a few minutes and I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in. I've only seen people strapping amps to end at a 2 ohm load. One ohm load strapped just seems like a heavy strain to me but I could be wrong.

O i put speakers into the title and you all get confused lololol, sorry subs are d4, together its 1 ohm a new born baby knows that crap.

but puting 2 amps togather one as a slave and the other one is the controled one, they handle .5 ohm buy them self. when straped it will be 1. ohm stable not .5 any more??? thats the QUESTION????????????????
lol...yes, if they are strappable

u would be surprised how many new born babies there are here,,I apologize

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.