help on damaged w7 sub

iilee
10+ year member

ok i bought this 8w7 on ebay and i tested it out and it had this weird vibrating sound coming from inside the sub. the sub was hitting but the vibrating was hella loud. i looked inside and the yellow spider platform was like ripped off from the cone. so what can i do to fix this? i tried gluing it but didnt work too well i think i ****ed it up more. has anyone had problems like this?

ok i bought this 8w7 on ebay and i tested it out and it had this weird vibrating sound coming from inside the sub. the sub was hitting but the vibrating was hella loud. i looked inside and the yellow spider platform was like ripped off from the cone. so what can i do to fix this? i tried gluing it but didnt work too well i think i ****ed it up more. has anyone had problems like this?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

throw it away?

im really not sure, im sure there is something that can done, but i highly doubt it will perform the way that it should without at least a little noise..

fuuck man has anyone had a problem like this and tried to glue it back together? whats the best glue to use. or is there a different better way to fix it

and what sub u think isnt a POS
one that you can buy and it works without a problem...

like everyone else has said, try ca glue or some other type of strong adhesive, if that doesnt fix it your only hope is to send it to JL. they may be able to fix it without a recone, but it wont be cheap and im willing to bet no matter how it works out, you would have been cheaper buying a W7 new to begin with. or what would have been a better option, not buying a JL product.

This is more of an issue with him getting the sub off eBay than buying a JL product, in my opinion.

See if someone local can troubleshoot and/or repair it, otherwise look at more affordable options that don't carry the price tag of a W7.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.