Help on my car.

corto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a 91 euro lumina and its sqeeuking very badly in the font of my car. I was told this is the strut? What happens when that goes out? and on the otherside of the car i hear clunking / popping noise when i turn the wheel and when it does that feels like it relives pressure off of the steering. Im just curious whats going to happen when these things go out on me when im dirving is it going to be dangerous such as when my motor mounts rusted loose and my motor dropped pulling my rag joint out of place which left me with no steering as im turning a corner lol just lookin out for my saftey

and off topic a slight bit but is there back seats that fold down for this model car? like another car same year or close to the same year which i could take the fold down seats and have them fit with no altering the car to much ? i heard this is possible thankz for you rhelp

Dunno all of it, but I would get that fixed. My mom had a 2000 monte carlo ss and it started doing the popping from the front end and you oculd like feel it in the wheel a little I think. I believe they ended up replacing the steering rack. Bad news was though that the other one started messing up too I believe. As for the other things, I would not take a chance on it, go get it fixed if possible. Better safe than sorry.

popping when u turn would probably be ur cv joints and if u fix quickly u could save ursled a lot of money, but if uve waited forever, ur going to have to replace the whole, joint, in reality its not to much, but as for the other thing, i cant think what it would be right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.