Help!!!!! One of my 2 month old CDT's just took a crap on me!!!

Both a ricer shop and best buy sound like bad ideas. I think you are having all this bad luck because you are unwilling to learn the right way to do everything from the start. Grow some balls and browse through the wealth of knowledge available to you, then you won't have to rely on shitty shops ****ing everything up. This is not something really hard to diagnose.

Im going to my friends house tonite, and he's gonna help me get my door panel off to take a look at what is oging on down there. What are some things i need to check for? And i don't understand how you can say its not hard to diagnose, its either the wiring, the woofer itself, the crossover, the amp (not that likely since the driver side speaker sounds perfect), soudns pretty tough to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

If the company installed them, then they probably messed up some wiring, take it to them and see what they can do with it and help you with your problem. They may even fix it for free

If the company installed them, then they probably messed up some wiring, take it to them and see what they can do with it and help you with your problem. They may even fix it for free

Circuit City installed them for me (yeah i know that wasn't a good choice for an installer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif ). I would bring it to the one buy my school, but I honestly don't trust them at all, and i don't want them to mess something else. Plus the closest Circuit City is like 45 minutes away.

Im going to my friends house tonite, and he's gonna help me get my door panel off to take a look at what is oging on down there. What are some things i need to check for? And i don't understand how you can say its not hard to diagnose, its either the wiring, the woofer itself, the crossover, the amp (not that likely since the driver side speaker sounds perfect), soudns pretty tough to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
It sounds to me like you already know what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It sounds to me like you already know what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
well i know what the possible things that may be broken are, but how do i find out which thing is actually the source of the problem? The speaker connections could be find, but their could be another wiring problem somewhere else in the car. Im sorry if i sound stupid, but being that ive had places do all my install work, im really not that knowledgable when it comes to basic installation issues.

Maybe you should install another set in the puddle, then bash wichever one sounds worst. You seem to like comparring things in shitty installs.

Maybe you should install another set in the puddle, then bash wichever one sounds worst. You seem to like comparring things in shitty installs.

I didn't install the crossovers, the shop did. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I already moved them btw.

I didn't install the crossovers, the shop did. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I already moved them btw.
Shut up. Do you not see the pattern? i'll reiterate myself "everything you own breaks".

Okay, since the left side is fine, why not connect the right speaker to the left side and see if it plays?

If it doesn't play correctly, you already know what your problem is... if it does... you can switch the crossover from one side to another. See where i'm getting!? Keep doing that until you isolate the problem.

Okay, since the left side is fine, why not connect the right speaker to the left side and see if it plays?
If it doesn't play correctly, you already know what your problem is... if it does... you can switch the crossover from one side to another. See where i'm getting!? Keep doing that until you isolate the problem.

yep, i see. How hard is a door panel to get off, and how hard is it to move the speakers/crossover from one door to the other? My car is a 1998 Trans am, im just asking about the door panel becuase mine has screws in it, and i haven't seen many car doors with screws in it.

yep, i see. How hard is a door panel to get off, and how hard is it to move the speakers/crossover from one door to the other? My car is a 1998 Trans am, im just asking about the door panel becuase mine has screws in it, and i haven't seen many car doors with screws in it.
I'm not really familiar with your car, but most door panels have screws holding them in place. Usually its just common sense to take your door panel off.

I don't know how hard it would be to move your speakers/crossovers because I don't know how they were installed. So just use common sense, its just a matter of removing part of a chain and plugging it into another chain.

Go back to Circuit city you have a install warrenty with them i hope?

let them listen to it.. tell them you havent touched a thing.. can you please check it out...

Anything could be wrong.

Go back to Circuit city you have a install warrenty with them i hope?
let them listen to it.. tell them you havent touched a thing.. can you please check it out...

Anything could be wrong.

thats probably what ill do, but its gonna be a different one since i am no longer in new jerresy, but massachustetts. Im pretty sure its at least a 1 year warranty they give me on the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.