HELP! one tweeter sounds louder than other

ak47clown
10+ year member

I just installed my new rainbows and on the drive home from work today I swear that my passenger side tweeter sounded louder than the driver's side. When I got home I started messing with it-reset everything on the HU to make sure there were no time alignment issues and switched the RCA channels to see whether it was just the Left or Right channel. I unhooked my sub and lowered the midrange so that I could just mainly hear the tweeters. If i player it at a softer volume and fade from one side to the other-if i put my ear to the passenger side it's high and piercing but on the driver's side it's not quite as distinct. I checked the settings on my crossovers and they are both identical. My next step is to switch the crossovers to see if that makes a difference. Any other ideas??

Yea i think it was out of phase-it was seriously messing with my head on the way back home this afternoon. lets just put it this way-i'm way impressed that i didn't damage anything when i realized the way it was wired.

p.s- problem solved and it sounds 10x better

Yea i think it was out of phase-it was seriously messing with my head on the way back home this afternoon. lets just put it this way-i'm way impressed that i didn't damage anything when i realized the way it was wired.
p.s- problem solved and it sounds 10x better
Nothing to be afraid of. You cannot damage them that way for the most part.

Both my tweets are out of phase, because of their distance to the mids it fares a better phase relationship with them that way.

Glad to see you are back to loving your comps. Good luck.

I made kickpanels for my components so they are down near the floor. I'll be taking pics of my whole system once i get all the details finished. Should be up by the weekend!

phase doesnt mean much when you get up to tweeter frequencies

who said wiring out of phase wasn't relevant now that he figured it out? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif noobx

glad to kno you got it figured out.

and yeah, phasing doesn't harm the speakers. just changes the direction the speaker moves if one speaker is reaching your ears before another is, etc. nothing to be worried about.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Whan you driving

Yes the tweeter on the driver side sounds louder than the tweeter on the other side lol

does that help??? lol

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.