Help pls

skylai

i am using pioneer headunit with 4x50 watts ..i am thinking to get a pair of 3 way speaker with 220 watts peak power handling / 40 w nominal input, i am not thinking to get an amp to power it, will it works well with the combination. Will it be underpower or will it damage the speaker in long run.. thanks

Should work just fine. To help dispell a myth. Underpowering speakers will not damage them. Richard Clark told me this great analogy. Damaging speakers by underpowering them. Is like saying driving your new Ferarri only up to 25 MPH will blow it up. Get the picture //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I agree with Ramos, your speakers will be fine. Before I got an amp I ran my 3-way Kenwoods, about 140 peak handling, off just a Kenwood HU and I think it was only 35x4 back then. They will sound good and it wont damage anything.

i agree with ramos and to continue what he was saying...

underpowering them won't hurt them AS LONG AS you control yourself with the gains. when you underpower speakers, you tend to compensate by cranking the gains, that introduces distortion. distortion,clipping, that's what will damage the speakers when they are underpowered. over time, anyway.

oh yea, who wants a pos Ferarri? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif after watching "the fast and furious" i want a supra! NOT!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

my past experience is in agreement with mrray13, as well as I agree with Ramos. I have blown more speakers with my HU's than I care to brag about. It's not the underpowering of the speakers, it's the distortion created by pushing the small HU amp too hard. Once I figured this out I haven't blown a pair since. If you have to turn your HU up until there is audible distortion to get the out put that you would like, then a 4 channel amp is the only way to go. To use Ramos' example it would be like driving the Ferrari at 40 miles per hour while only using first gear. Your engine will suffer.

Okay yall have gone off on a tangent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif You are correct though. Distortion does have poor effects on speakers.

Hi, its me again .

Actually i driving my infinity 6x9 peak power 220w now,

i found out that my oem car speaker sounds better that this infinity.

Now, the problems is i can hear the little distortion from the speaker either loud or low volume.

I bought this speaker a year ago, izzit something wrong with the speaker or my HU

What i suppose to do now ?

Pls help .THANKS

HU- Pioneer cd player 4x50 w

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.