Help with LOC gain

Participant count
  • Participant list

dragonballz

MA
I have a 2006 Civic with the stock headunit. I hooked up a Tsunami LOC to my rear speakers. I am setting the gain by hooking up the RCAs to the LOC and taking voltage readings from the other end of the RCAs. The voltage goes from 0 to .4xx volts. Four-tenths of a volt with the knobs maxed out. Isnt it supposed to go higher than that... like around 4 volts? I played a 70hz test tone at 30/40 volume (75%).

The RCAs are going to my amp to power a 400w RMS subwoofer.

Even though the pre-out voltage is less than a volt, the speaker-out on the amp is able to reach the correct voltage while setting the amp gain using DMM method. The subwoofer sounds fine too.

This LOC has been installed 3 years ago and I am re-installing it after going back to my stock headunit after removing my Alpine headunit. I dont recall the voltage not being able to reach 2 or 3 volts.

Why is it so low?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Wouldnt there be a chance that I could clip the signal by setting the LOC to max? I dont have access to an oscilloscope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.