• Thread starter bigdogg
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
B

bigdogg

I have 1200w amp which is pushing two 6/9 pioneer speakers (220w) each and one 400w pioneer woofer. The problem is this amp get over heated. I was told that Audiobank Hannessy doesnt cut even if it got seriusly hot. I have seen this amp at my friend place it pushed 2 (600w) woofers and 4 6/9 speaker but it gets only warm please advise or a tip that can help it I will very much appreciate it. Thanx. Why does it get hot.

Many vehicles have rubber grommets, or pre cut small metal circles which can be punched out. Check the entire fire wall to look for these. If you do find one and use it, be sure to wrap the power wire with something, or cut a hole into a rubber grommet and run the wire through that. Whichever you do, don't let the power wire rub against the metal edge of the fire wall. if there are no pre cut openings, then I would drill a hole. Some poeple run the power wire through vents or share openings with other wires. Although this may work, I prefer to have my power wires running through a hole by themselves. This helps avoid unwanted engine noise and doesn't interfere with any other equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.