help with settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phlipbak
10+ year member

CA Enthusiast
hey, it's me about the id oem's again haha..

well, on heavy rock songs the distortion from the guitars and low tunings seem to make my speakers sound a bit distorted, but these are songs from my ipod and i even set the gain while listening to the 1khz tone on my ipod not cd.. why do they do this... should i adjust something... my eq is flat and they are crossed at 80 hz at 18db and 3.2khz at 12 db.. so...

help please..

hey, it's me about the id oem's again haha..
well, on heavy rock songs the distortion from the guitars and low tunings seem to make my speakers sound a bit distorted, but these are songs from my ipod and i even set the gain while listening to the 1khz tone on my ipod not cd.. why do they do this... should i adjust something... my eq is flat and they are crossed at 80 hz at 18db and 3.2khz at 12 db.. so...

help please..

Phil, if those are the ID OEM settings, drop the mid-hi down to 2.5kHz, 12db/oct, and you should notice a better difference. When I had mine running active and crossed like that, I had my tweets at 3.2kHz, 12db/oct, and I liked the sound together. I listen to primarily rock and metal, myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.