Help

Most poeple will tell you that pyramid ***** right off the bat. How many of those people have actually dealt with or used Pyramid, I don't know. They are not Rockford Fostgate and they are not JL. But for $30 a sub you can't complain too much. I have been using a pair of 8 ohm 15 inch subs made by Pyramid (pro sound subs) for something like 5 years now. They sound decent and have never been a problem. They cost $75 each. A person who deals directly with the Pyramid company explained this to me which may help: Most Pyramid products are now made over seas. These are cheaply made pieces of crap. Pyramid does, however, still make American made products. These products are the same subs that I have been using for around 5 years now. I plan on testing out a blue pro Pyramid sub for my new truck soon. For $30 I will not be at a loss if it doesn't work out. I think that the reasons so many poeple dislike Pyramid are for one, they don't have the best reputation so most poeple will tell you that they **** with out actual knowledge of the product. 2 - Pyramid is in a lower class that kicker and Rockford and other high end products. 3 - Pyramid is not as 'cool' as Rockford and others, so image is an issue. My advice is to listen to Pyramid and see if the sound will satisfy you. If yes, then be careful not to abuse the sub. Lower class subs can't handle much abuse.

Natem hit the nail on the head: Pyramid basically builds pretty inexpensive stuff. There is always a market for something cheaper that looks as good. It boils down to what you can't really see: How strong the frames are, what are the voice coil formers made from, how tough are the tinsel leads, are the cones strong and durable.

When I first started in Car Audio more than 10 years ago, my budget forced me to buy Pyramid. I had (4) 15" in the cab of my truck. I was new and thought they sounded great. Then I went to my first contest and got whooped by guys with good 10's.

The Pyramids will not handle the power they say. That is all just marketing hype. Sure, you can run 800 watts to one of thier subs, for a minute or two and then it's toast.

Pyramid speakers rarely if ever are tested in the magazines...is there a reason for that?

Stick with some of the bigger players in the market and you should be happy. I can't say enough about JL audio...but that is just me and my ears...listen for yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.