Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BuckyBoy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright here is what happened.

I used electrical tape to connect the red(acc) and yellow(backup) wires temporarily to be sure when I hooked them up the head unit would work. I plugged both harnesses in and it worked fine, but then the tape came off of the connection between the yellow wires from the car harness and the radio harness. They sparked when they hit metal. I taped them back up and the head unit would not get power. We got a test light and figured out that the red wire was getting power when the switch was on. We put the radio harness yellow wire into the connection of the red wires and the head unit had power. So, we ran a wire from the horn fuse to the yellow wire on the radio harness. (Redneck wiring at its greatest, but it worked) I do not want it to stay like this at all. After we did this and I mounted the radio into the dash we went for a ride. The sunroof will not open, the doors will not lock with the remote when I get out of the car and my clock doesn't work. I am assuming all this is because we ran the wire into the fuse. How can I fix this?

not cause u ran a wire to horn fuse its because u shorted out and blew a fuse that the constant (yellow wire) was hooked up to initially
what fuse would that be? i checked all the fuses in my fuse panel.

It was a fuse in the fuse panel under the hood. I got everything fixed and wired up correctly now. I still have a problem tho. I thought replacing the old head unit with a quality head unit would help my radio reception, but it didn't... at all. I have a 2000 Eclipse and the antenna is in the back glass. Any idea what the problem could be? I have the antenna plug connected, but there is another plug that is similar to the antenna plug that just hangs there.

radio??? who uses that anymore haha but ya all you could probably do is get a booster and that wire hanging down might be your factory door lock remote receptor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.